Perth! 2005 Mid-Year Meet?
May 22, 2005 at 12:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

Flea Bag

500+ Head-Fier
Greetings!

Looking for a possible meet targeted for sometime after the First Semester Examinations say after 20th of June? Kindly post the following:

1) The earliest date you'll be available and how long you'll be available after this date.
2) Suggested meeting place (including the number of power sockets available!)
3) The gear you can bring! I'll compile a list to avoid people from bringing dublicates.

I'm guessing it to be small and unprofessional so don't go expecting to have catered food! Er... I'm trying to get this meet off the ground but I'm not really overall in charge okay? Not that I'm irresponsible!

UPDATES!!! TIME, DATE AND VENUE ARE NOW CONFIRMED:

Day and Date: Friday 24 June, 2005.

Time: 2pm onwards.

Location: Headphonic, 21 Harrogate St Leederville WA 6007 - (click here to see where.)

If you're able to make it and have not yet posted in this thread, please keep us informed!

smily_headphones1.gif

May 22, 2005 at 12:48 PM Post #2 of 47
Let me start it off:

1) I'll be available after 20 June, flying back to Singapore on 22nd but can extend by a week or two depending on the meet.
2) I can't suggest any place other than Snufkin's place. (www.headphones.com.au) I'll have to PM him...
3) I can supply:
a) Meier Audio Corda Prehead MkII (non-SE version)
b) Oehlbach 120 Ohm impedance converter
c) Alessandro MS1 (with Flats, Bowls and Comfies for comparison)
d) Sennheiser HD280
e) Sennheiser HD600 (with Oehlbach cable, I'll also bring the stock cable)
f) AKG Acoustics K271
g) Perhaps Behringer DEQ2496 digital equilizer.
h) Shellbrook Audio Labs Maxi Moy Headphone amplifier.
i) Old iPod.

May 22, 2005 at 1:03 PM Post #3 of 47
im in. free from the 17th until about the first week of july.
smily_headphones1.gif
shame i just moved or could have had it at my place.

i can supply:

ultrasone hfi 650 trackmasters (dj1's are going back for repair this week, might have them by the time the meet is on)
akg k240s (w/custom cable im rebuilding now)
m3
gilmore
maybe a couple of portables

sorry no decent sources atm, need my money for something else.

May 25, 2005 at 10:03 AM Post #5 of 47
Okay. Snufkin's fine with the meet being at his place. At the rate things are going, I'm going to have to PM everyone in the previous meet thread.
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snufkin

Fine with me, place might be a bit of a mess - things are being rearranged in the building
smily_headphones1.gif

Any headphones in stock will be available for demo as long as they aren't in annoying packaging.
Amp stock is a bit low right now.

May 25, 2005 at 11:11 AM Post #7 of 47
orphsmile.gif
ill turn up but i cant promise the state i'll be in. post exams gigs + backlog of music stuff to do = skyskraper not at his best

flea bag, saw one guy walking in town tonight with hd595's, ipod, and a portable amp. hopefully he will read this and come down
orphsmile.gif

May 25, 2005 at 1:36 PM Post #8 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyskraper
orphsmile.gif
ill turn up but i cant promise the state i'll be in. post exams gigs + backlog of music stuff to do = skyskraper not at his best

flea bag, saw one guy walking in town tonight with hd595's, ipod, and a portable amp. hopefully he will read this and come down
orphsmile.gif

Heh! By then my sideburns would look grotesque!
blink.gif

Sounds like a pretty serious guy to me... Walking around with a portable amp and open 595s? I've yet to her what they sound like
icon10.gif

May 27, 2005 at 5:00 AM Post #11 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyskraper
can we better lock in a date?

Yeah... A small meet is better than no meet!
tongue.gif

Tuesday, 21st June? At Snufkin's place? Time: After lunch at about 2pm?

I've yet to PM the people involved in the last meet. Will do so now. I'll ask for the first two responders to suggest a date and that'll be that.

May 27, 2005 at 5:27 AM Post #12 of 47
Righto! Have messaged the following names obtained from the last meet:

crypt@
bubbamc119
Ishkabibel
guchiguh
steam3642
BigDave
Kush_
NightStalker
zaguar

"seiko_citizen" can't seem to receive messages. If there's anyone else I've missed out, please let me know!

May 27, 2005 at 7:57 AM Post #13 of 47
i believe seiko isnt a member any more, anyway he caused a few problems with his trading on the forum.

May 28, 2005 at 9:38 AM Post #14 of 47
Sorry to hear that seiko had some problems. I bought a pair of md33's from him and found them to be great. Considering getting better canalphones but these ones seemed so good for the money (I think he charged me 25 bucks AU). I had to mod them, but it was easy and they work great.
I would be in on a meet. the time is a bit dodgy, as I work full time (well, as a teacher). Unless it is during school holidays, then I am sweet.
wink.gif

May 28, 2005 at 9:59 AM Post #15 of 47
when is the next school holiday?

maybe we could do it on the weekend then for people involved in school or working full time
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back