Personal Problems [HELP]
Oct 25, 2002 at 3:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

Fizzmix

100+ Head-Fier
Hey I need some opinions on what to do in my situation. I'm 15 years old, and have been dating my girlfriend for almost 2 years. She has everything I look for in a girl (smart, funny, great personality, pretty). At about 6 months into the relationship, we strarted drifting, and she got quite close to one of my good friends. He told her that he loved her, and almost broke us up. My girlfriend and I figured everything out, and have had no problems since. But the problem is, my good friend (well not so much anymore) won't give up. My girlfriend already told him that she would never date him. She still really wants to be friends with him, because he and her are in a lot of extra cirricular activities and he hangs out with good friends of mine. She thinks it would be too awkward not to talk to him anymore. This guy is now a big jerk to me, and causes me constant stress. What do I do? Any help would be GREATLY appriciated.

~!~ Fizzmix ~!~

Oct 25, 2002 at 3:24 AM Post #2 of 36
Be yourself. You can't do much to influence her. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't. Its not the end of the world, trust me. I can't even remember the names of my girlfriends when I was 15 (I'm almost 20 now). Think of it this way: how many old married couples do you know that were going out while they were 15? I know one. The rest of them met in college or after college. You have a lot of changing left (not only in your personality, but also your tastes in women, etc), so enjoy it!

Oct 25, 2002 at 3:55 AM Post #5 of 36
kill him and feed the body to pigs.

p.s. it has been my experience in seeing that anybody i know who has married their first girlfriend (or girlfriend from that young an age) has hated their life. don't do it. you're young, there will be plenty of other girls in your life. getting your heart ripped out and stomped on will help prepare you for the future.

Oct 25, 2002 at 4:17 AM Post #6 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by ian
...I can't even remember the names of my girlfriends when I was 15 (I'm almost 20 now).

You had THAT many Ian??? *coff*TART*coff*
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Fizzmix,

As has been said, as bad as it may sound, some things are just not meant to be.... if your 'friend' really likes hitting on your girl, it won't make any difference what you say or do ~ he'll still do it..

You say you've already been through a real bad patch, so obviously you came out ok... just go into this new problem time with the same outlook ~ that everything will be good...

As Ian said, even if you do split from your girlfriend, there are still plenty of miles on your clock... don't let it stress you out so much ~ and just find someone who does genuinly care for you... and wouldn't run off with your friend...
smily_headphones1.gif

(probably of no use at all... to which I apologise
redface.gif
)

Oct 25, 2002 at 4:28 AM Post #7 of 36
Brother, if you have a friend that's hittin' on your girlfriend and is relentless.. you gotta be frank with him and tell him that is about the uncoolest thing you can do. I mean, there's an unspoken rule about that stuff between men -- you don't cross that line, ever. That's, well, betrayal.

And, I know that it doesn't always seem to make sense coming from an older guy (I'm almost 29), but hear me out -- I've dated girls in one, two, and four year periods (different ones) from as far back as junior high. And indeed, as much as the center of your world the girlfriend is to you, make sure to keep your priorities straight. Your number one priority is staying focused in school, and if you can find a girl that can be your girlfriend and doesn't take away from you scoring some decent grades, you've struck a balance.

Speaking realistically and statistically, you're both gonna meet other people down the road (in highschool, in college, and afterwards), and at the end of the day you're at a very very important time in your life. Have fun, date girls, and all that jazz -- but do well in school. It's about 900x more important than you ever imagined.

Again, back to your friend -- that's just messed up. I had a friend just like that, and to do this day, even though we see each other about once or twice a year, I look at him the same way. Just a scammer.

Oct 25, 2002 at 4:38 AM Post #9 of 36
Thanks for all of the help guys... The guy lives right across the street, and I have to see him at school everyday so it's tough. I really do feel she is the girl for me. I'm going to e-mail him I think, and tell him how I feel... It's love (I watched a mini-series called Teen Species, and yes, the part of the brain that processes love develops in early teens
biggrin.gif
). This guy isn't my friend anymore, but my best friends are still friends with him. Also, he considers my girlfriend his best friend. I mean, if it comes to it, and I do end up breaking up with my girlfriend, I'll be fine... But I kinda want to try hard to avoid that.

Also, I do get really good marks... My average is about 85%... Does anyone know what kind of marks I need to get into Psychiatry?

~!~ Fizzmix ~!~

Oct 25, 2002 at 5:17 AM Post #12 of 36
I wouldn't email him. Talk to him, in person. The guys needs to learn how to move on, can't he see that even if she does date him at some point he will earn the hatred of many people for "breaking up" you and your girlfriend? Kinda a lose-lose situation. Unfortunatly, some people just get obsessed.

"Love" has to be the most confusing, frustrating, and rewarding (if you understand it) thing that I have run into, besides ai0tron's posts.

Oct 25, 2002 at 6:09 AM Post #13 of 36
Two years? Damn, I've never gone out with someone for more than two months. Must be because whenever a girl takes the conversation off-topic I lock her down to the bed. Then when she asks about it I just say I'm "following the rules."

Oct 25, 2002 at 9:13 PM Post #14 of 36
I think you need to trust your girlfriend to handle his advances. If you get envolved in trying to chase him away, you will cause more problems for her, and you don't want to be the source of her problems. Tell your girlfriend how you feel about it, and then let her deal with it. After all, she has allready chosen you over him. That won't change, and that guy looks more pathetic to everyone (including your girlfriend), the harder he tries. You don't want to end up looking pathetic too. That will definatly ruin it for you. Chicks dig guys who are confident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back