Perreaux SXH1 now $599 at HiFiFarm
Apr 10, 2004 at 11:22 AM Post #46 of 56
plainsong, I've emailed Larry at Larocco to ask about it. I know they have a power supply and I'm hoping Larry can customise it for me. Otherwise, we'll find a solution. I'll keep you posted.
wink.gif

Apr 10, 2004 at 11:48 PM Post #47 of 56
Thanks. Future upgrades aside
evil_smiley.gif
, it's good to have something searchable here for any future Euro-headfiers so that we can know what amps will work well for us, and what will be a hassle.

Hopefully they'll be able to hook you up so that your countdown can start moving. I waited about three weeks for the Perreaux so I know how much it hurts.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 11, 2004 at 2:46 AM Post #48 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by plainsong
evil_smiley.gif
, it's good to have something searchable here for any future Euro-headfiers so that we can know what amps will work well for us, and what will be a hassle.

Hopefully they'll be able to hook you up so that your countdown can start moving. I waited about three weeks for the Perreaux so I know how much it hurts.
smily_headphones1.gif

My countdown is moving , but just once every 24 hours and it hurts real bad
frown.gif
biggrin.gif

Apr 11, 2004 at 3:56 AM Post #49 of 56
What most of you probably don't realise is that the New Zealand dollar has appreciated MASSIVELY against the US in the past two years. From a low of 38c (ie $1NZ was worth 38 cents) to a high of over 70c. So in New Zealand dollar terms the price has hardly changed. In effect those of you in the US were getting a bargain due to your dollar being very strong, and now that your dollar is quite weak, you are getting not such a great price.

I agree though, if I lived in the US, there is no way I would be buying one of these for $600.

Apr 11, 2004 at 10:41 AM Post #50 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by davvy
What most of you probably don't realise is that the New Zealand dollar has appreciated MASSIVELY against the US in the past two years.

Well, that's what we get for having Dubya in office... not that it affects me much ATM, although it did annoy me a bit while I was in Deutschland that the Euro suddenly surpassed the USD and exchanging money wasn't nearly as satisfying
rolleyes.gif

(but then, this is more a topic for take it outseide. isn't it? Ignore the above if necessary.)

Apr 11, 2004 at 11:38 AM Post #51 of 56
Yep, but it works both ways
biggrin.gif
I've been pretty happy with the low dollar rate at the moment as it's kept the PPA at a reasonable price for me, as well as those Senns and cables. I've bought everything except the Arcam from the US or Canada
wink.gif

Apr 11, 2004 at 8:21 PM Post #52 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by ipodstudio
Yep, but it works both ways
biggrin.gif

I know, I know...

Apr 12, 2004 at 12:47 AM Post #53 of 56
If bought from the US, yeah, maybe not such a great deal price-wize unless you are really craving this amp specifically. But what if you got it from New Zealand? I got it for 448.00 USD shipped. I don't know if US customs will jump on it or not, but it's worth checking out the New Zealand retailers. My vote is for Totallywired.
smily_headphones1.gif

But I agree, this is not an evil plot by Perreaux, this is just the cost of international business.

Apr 12, 2004 at 6:34 AM Post #54 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by plainsong
evil_smiley.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

plainsong, still waiting for word from Larry. Easter has probably slowed responses. I'll keep you informed.

Apr 14, 2004 at 3:13 AM Post #56 of 56
I agree. I love my SXH1 but highly doubt that I'd pay literally TWICE as much money for it as I did. I bought it at Audio Advisor, shortly after Perreaux made the announcement that they were ending their relationship with AA. I talked to Joe and brought the price of a new one down to $299.

It's a great piece of equipment. But for that kinda money, I'd probably order a PPA from Larocco.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back