Perreaux SXH1 now $599 at HiFiFarm
Apr 8, 2004 at 6:48 AM Post #16 of 56
Quote:

Yeah, the public at large has no idea they're being charged so much more for the same product. I wonder if all the bad units caused this?

I'm sure replacing all the bad units likely caused the raised in price. I'm guessing that the Perreaux amp placed AA's reputation into question, that's why they stop selling the Perreaux equipments.

Purk

Apr 8, 2004 at 6:50 AM Post #17 of 56
That and AA lost a fortune having to send all those amps back to their customers at their expense after having their techs attempt to fix them.

Apr 8, 2004 at 7:00 AM Post #19 of 56
Serving,
I was very impressed with AA customer service, b/c I'm one of the first who ordered the Rev 0.3. Although, my low level hum was not that big of an issue, the guys at Perreaux gladly sent me the Rev. 0.5 to replaced the Rev 0.3. I was very impressed with their service. I still think the Perreaux is a great performer, but definitely not at 600 bucks. I hope Hi-Fi Farm lowers their price so many people can enjoy this nice sounding amp.

Purk

Apr 8, 2004 at 7:00 AM Post #20 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by Orpheus
actually, from the sound of Perreaux's press release, it seems more likely Perreaux dumped AA, not the other way around.

Interesting. I wonder what happened and why? Either way it sounds to me like those who go one of these amps for under $400 got a steal. Anyone interested now can buy a PPA with some nice upgrades, crossfeed, bass boost, and still have some money left over. Too bad.

Apr 8, 2004 at 7:04 AM Post #21 of 56
Quote:

I was very impressed with AA customer service, b/c I'm one of the first who ordered the Rev 0.3.

yes, AA went out of their way to try to help me too. good service... much better than average.

yeah, i dunno how perreaux can expect a good public response for doubling the price of their amp. well, anyway, i ain't a CEO/CFO yet, so who knows...

Apr 8, 2004 at 7:59 AM Post #22 of 56
the reason it's $599 now is b/c it's the full 1.0 release. all the rest of you got the 0.3 and 0.5 betas, which can be upgraded to the full release version for $300.

Apr 8, 2004 at 8:06 AM Post #23 of 56
Hey kugino, what comes in the full 1.0 release, and is it worth the $300 extra?

Apr 8, 2004 at 4:22 PM Post #24 of 56
ahem...my attempt at humor didn't fly to well...to my knowledge there is no 1.0 version...all i meant to say by that was the only justification i could see for raising the price to $599 was a completely new version with even better performance. i doubt that has happened, though. sorry if i led people astray...well, not that sorry, but no, there is no "version 1.0"

Apr 8, 2004 at 4:29 PM Post #25 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by kugino
no, there is no "version 1.0"

Aha, but do you know that for sure
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Apr 8, 2004 at 4:59 PM Post #26 of 56
Oh well, I guess I read your post wrong. The lack of smiley did me in. Ya got me.

Apr 8, 2004 at 5:18 PM Post #28 of 56
I would think their sales won't be that much different. The number of folks that this forum reaches is relatively small compared with the masses out there. I think the majority of people will buy it based on availability rather than searching out the best aternative. I would think the average transaction would be the salessman suggesting it to go along with other gear because that other gear lacked a headphone out. But I could be wrong.
wink.gif

Apr 8, 2004 at 5:33 PM Post #29 of 56
Quote:

I would think their sales won't be that much different. The number of folks that this forum reaches is relatively small compared with the masses out there. I think the majority of people will buy it based on availability rather than searching out the best aternative. I would think the average transaction would be the salessman suggesting it to go along with other gear because that other gear lacked a headphone out. But I could be wrong.

Remember one thing that not many people know of headphone amp in the first place. Perreaux is also relatively new to headphone amp market incomparison to Headroom, and Corda line up.

Purk

Apr 8, 2004 at 5:47 PM Post #30 of 56
I think it's a shame that less people will ultimately get to use one, as it will now fall outside of many's budget
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back