Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be, C
Apr 13, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #121 of 1,454
To those that have already ordered the BE model, what was turnaround time? It's safe to expect these early next week if I ordered them last night (wed evening) here in the US?

Apr 13, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #122 of 1,454
  Has anybody tries both the Be and the Campfire Lyra/Dorado? I am wondering if, especially the dorado, is complementary to the be

I tried them both at CanJam and I thought the Lyra II was even better than the Be.  It had a more neutral signature than the Be with less midbass.

But it costs $700 and uses an around-the-ear cable design (which I've never been a fan of).

I also listened to the Dorado and thought they sounded nearly identical to the Lyra II.  Not worth the extra cost, IMHO.

Apr 13, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #123 of 1,454
I had my eyes on the Lyra II, but I still feel that the asking price is too high on the whole line. There is no question they have good products, but the prices are nuts -- which is why the BE is such a great option!

Apr 13, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #124 of 1,454
From what i hear so far the Lyra ii is probably tad more neutral, but i do truly love the tuning of the Be. It is emotional. I was looking at the Dorado as something with a little bit bite in the middle section, but i agree the price is somewhat high given how good the Be is.

Apr 13, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #125 of 1,454

I tried them both at CanJam and I thought the Lyra II was even better than the Be.  It had a more neutral signature than the Be with less midbass.

But it costs $700 and uses an around-the-ear cable design (which I've never been a fan of).

I also listened to the Dorado and thought they sounded nearly identical to the Lyra II.  Not worth the extra cost, IMHO.

Lyra II seems to be very neutral from feedback I get. Jude wrote above that Be is already neutralish but not dry as etymotics driven by Hugo 2. Actually i do not mind if the Be has some nice kick in bass.    

Apr 13, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #126 of 1,454
I presume that the beryllium shells are actually made from a beryllium alloy as pure beryllium can be very toxic. If this is the case, I wonder how much beryllium is actually in the alloy as the most common beryllium alloy mix is 2% beryllium and 98% copper. I ask this only out of curiosity as I am trying to wrap my head around the fact that the only differences between these models is the shell material.

Apr 13, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #127 of 1,454
  I presume that the beryllium shells are actually made from a beryllium alloy as pure beryllium can be very toxic. If this is the case, I wonder how much beryllium is actually in the alloy as the most common beryllium alloy mix is 2% beryllium and 98% copper. I ask this only out of curiosity as I am trying to wrap my head around the fact that the only differences between these models is the shell material.

wrong. actual percentage of beryllium is opposite to yours. You can check the website of  the PA for more detailed information. Actually, actually does is matter what is inside if that sounds very good?
wink.gif
That's what i care now 

Apr 13, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #128 of 1,454

Not shell material. Driver material.

Apr 13, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #134 of 1,454

​Actually, I was referring specifically to the Be model I own.  I sometimes hear a similar type of crinkling sound as I insert them into my ears.

I was just wondering if this is normal?

We do have a PEEK surround (http://periodicaudio.com/Anatomy.html) and it can give you some crinkly sound IF you insert it fast and deep.  It may also be a touch of cable noise, or squeaks from the silicone against your ear.  But it should not harm anything if you do hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back