Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be, C
Mar 7, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #586 of 1,454
egghead audiohub
Thanks! We'll also be at the Singapore CanJam and I plan to hunt for a dealer/distributor for PI then, too... We will have a Singapore/Malaysia/Indonesia distributor announced at the show...

Mar 9, 2018 at 12:23 AM Post #587 of 1,454
Enjoy reading! :)

https://audio123blog.wordpress.com/2018/03/09/periodic-audio-magnesium/

photo_2018-02-01_03-14-14-2.jpg

Mar 9, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #588 of 1,454
Awesome - thanks for the review!

Mar 9, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #590 of 1,454
I'm getting annoyed at how many amazing $200-ish IEMs are out there. I'm gonna end up with a collection big enough that I could have bought some Campfire flagships.

Mar 9, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #591 of 1,454
I've actually been picking up my Be WAAAYYY more than I've been picking up my Audeze LCD-2 Fazor, which is pretty nuts. Never thought that would happen. I've been listening to a lot of Earth, Wind, and Fire as well as the usual death metal and it just kills so hard with those genres. Funk is an amazing thing on the Be. Insanely deep and beautiful bass, but perfect clarity in the top end for all the weirdo synth and sound effects going on. and all of this from an IEM that fits in your pocket and from a Cayin N3 player that's half the size of a phone. SO ADDICTED.

Mar 10, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #592 of 1,454
I've actually been picking up my Be WAAAYYY more than I've been picking up my Audeze LCD-2 Fazor, which is pretty nuts. Never thought that would happen. I've been listening to a lot of Earth, Wind, and Fire as well as the usual death metal and it just kills so hard with those genres. Funk is an amazing thing on the Be. Insanely deep and beautiful bass, but perfect clarity in the top end for all the weirdo synth and sound effects going on. and all of this from an IEM that fits in your pocket and from a Cayin N3 player that's half the size of a phone. SO ADDICTED.
Earth Wind and Fire and Death Metal. I was not expecting that..

Mar 13, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #593 of 1,454
Earth Wind and Fire and Death Metal. I was not expecting that..

Thanks, heh. I was raised on funk and soul music and I still love the old school stuff (especially the new high-res rips on HD tracks, amazing stuff), but 80% of my listening is death metal. I always want headphones that can do both genres well, which is hard to find for me, but I felt that the LCD-2 really knocked both out of the park and the Be does even more so, while also making really poorly mastered metal a lot easier to listen to.

One of my favorite albums of the last couple years is Misery by Disentomb and I feel like on a lot of high end systems the album lacks something severe in bass and sub-bass that requires either a bit of ear adjustment or EQ, but the Be presents the drum line in the most brutal and face-smashing manner, it literally sounds like it should in a good live setting, and on top of that the low end of distorted guitars sound gut-wrenchingly crunchy and delicious.

Loooooooooooove it.

Mar 19, 2018 at 8:58 AM Post #595 of 1,454
Hi DanWiggins,

Just like to say keep up the good work & I realise I have asked this somewhere else though not sure if you've seen it but just wondering when the Nickel will be released worldwide?
Also being outside the US, hope the exchange rates don't kill the pricing but then I blame exchange rates, not Periodic Audio.

Hope you have a great day !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back