Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be, C
Mar 1, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #556 of 1,454
I'm interested in the Mg, but it's hard to come by much info as most reviews and such focus on the Be. Any first hand experience with Mg that anyone can share?

Interesting about the polycarbonate shell. I never gave it much thought but my two favorite IEM's all time are the Audeo PFE and FLC8S, both have polycarbonate shells.

Mar 1, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #557 of 1,454
I'm interested in the Mg, but it's hard to come by much info as most reviews and such focus on the Be. Any first hand experience with Mg that anyone can share?

Interesting about the polycarbonate shell. I never gave it much thought but my two favorite IEM's all time are the Audeo PFE and FLC8S, both have polycarbonate shells.
Hi, I will release the review of the Mg as early as next week! Do check my Facebook page or website in my signature for the latest updates. Cheers :)

photo_2018-01-31_23-25-17.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #558 of 1,454

Sound & Vision Top Pick for 2017 - the Mg. Steve Guttenberg said it gave him 85% of the Be at 1/3rd the price - and loved it so much he gave it the Top Pick for 2017

Mar 1, 2018 at 9:22 PM Post #559 of 1,454
...there are people who get ear fatigue from IEMs being too heavy?

Are these people getting cramps trying to open up their mail??

Mar 1, 2018 at 11:35 PM Post #560 of 1,454

You'd be surprised. Ear fatigue comes from pressure in places the ear is not used to having pressure. It's common with hearing aid wearers, especially those who use ITE (In The Ear) or CIC (Completely In Canal) hearing aids. It's one of the reasons that BTE (Behind The Ear) hearing aids are still so popular - they are just more comfortable. Excess weight on the canal and the tragus/anti-tragus does cost discomfort.

Mar 2, 2018 at 12:10 AM Post #561 of 1,454

Mg is good. Very good. $100 is a tough space to work in and I would pick it over any Flavour-Of-The-Month chifi "giant killer" anyday.

Mar 2, 2018 at 12:33 AM Post #562 of 1,454
You'd be surprised. Ear fatigue comes from pressure in places the ear is not used to having pressure. It's common with hearing aid wearers, especially those who use ITE (In The Ear) or CIC (Completely In Canal) hearing aids. It's one of the reasons that BTE (Behind The Ear) hearing aids are still so popular - they are just more comfortable. Excess weight on the canal and the tragus/anti-tragus does cost discomfort.

I'm not knocking you guys for taking measures to minimize weight, don't get me wrong, I'm just amazed at someone who is struggling with the weight of a tiny little thing in the ear unless it's made out of like, thick brass or something.

Then again, I'm also someone who doesn't mind Audeze weight, so maybe I should be ignored.

Mar 2, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #565 of 1,454

For me, heavy weight and/or shallow insertion often leads to frequent loss of seal. The worst offender in my collection is the metal-bodied Trinity Phantom Master. Their weight pulls them down (even wearing over-ear) and I start losing the seal more and more every time I move. Makes it very hard to consider them a reliable go-to.

Mar 2, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #566 of 1,454
For me, heavy weight and/or shallow insertion often leads to frequent loss of seal. The worst offender in my collection is the metal-bodied Trinity Phantom Master. Their weight pulls them down (even wearing over-ear) and I start losing the seal more and more every time I move. Makes it very hard to consider them a reliable go-to.

Oh snap, didn't even think of that. Good point.

Mostly I'm just grumpy I don't have the money for the Be right now haha. I've been hearing they're INCREDIBLE for heavy metal.

Mar 2, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #567 of 1,454
Oh snap, didn't even think of that. Good point.

Mostly I'm just grumpy I don't have the money for the Be right now haha. I've been hearing they're INCREDIBLE for heavy metal.

No worries, man. Don't forget about the 'blemished' version Periodic sells on their site for $200. That's a hell of a deal.

Mar 2, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #568 of 1,454
No worries, man. Don't forget about the 'blemished' version Periodic sells on their site for $200. That's a hell of a deal.

I'mma be keeping an eye out. I'm on the F9 Pro tour, so that's coming soon, and I'll be comparing those with the Mee P1, 1More Quad, and iBasso IT03 (and the KZ ZS6 but y'know). Once I get all my opinions on those sorted out I'll see what I think about picking up the Be.

Mar 2, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #569 of 1,454
I'mma be keeping an eye out. I'm on the F9 Pro tour, so that's coming soon, and I'll be comparing those with the Mee P1, 1More Quad, and iBasso IT03 (and the KZ ZS6 but y'know). Once I get all my opinions on those sorted out I'll see what I think about picking up the Be.

Nice line-up. I'll be interested to hear your take on all of those. Even though it will probably end up costing me some money... :thinking:

Hopefully, the only one you like is the P1, since I own that one.

Mar 2, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #570 of 1,454
Nice line-up. I'll be interested to hear your take on all of those. Even though it will probably end up costing me some money... :thinking:

Hopefully, the only one you like is the P1, since I own that one.

I like them all, and my mood kinda wobbles around TBH. Right now I have the Quads in my ears, but I spent the last two weeks listening to the P1 exclusively (my IT03 are getting repaired).

If you haven't, get the Spinfit tips for the P1. It gives them an insanely deep seal and the sound becomes unbelievably good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back