Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be, C
Feb 3, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #513 of 1,454
Well, unfortunately, that's a no-go then. There is no way in hell I'm dropping that kind of money on something where the weakest failure points can render the entire product unusable. Sad, I've heard great things, especially for a metal fan.

Feb 3, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #514 of 1,454
No you cannot remove the cable.
Actually you can. It just would require some specific skills and probably will cease the warranty (not shure about that). I've talked with the service-centre of my local auodiostore. They deffinitely can install the mmcx-connectors on Be for a small price. Thinking about buying Be at last and using them with my CB13.

Feb 3, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #515 of 1,454
Well, unfortunately, that's a no-go then. There is no way in hell I'm dropping that kind of money on something where the weakest failure points can render the entire product unusable. Sad, I've heard great things, especially for a metal fan.

Keep in mind that these phones have a 5 year warranty which is also transferable.
Made my concern about the cable a non-issue.

Feb 3, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #516 of 1,454
Actually you can. It just would require some specific skills and probably will cease the warranty (not shure about that). I've talked with the service-centre of my local auodiostore. They deffinitely can install the mmcx-connectors on Be for a small price. Thinking about buying Be at last and using them with my CB13.

Oh stop. By that merit every phone has a "removable battery," too. I really hate it when people go "oh actually it does have that feature, you just need to physically implement it yourself."

Feb 3, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #517 of 1,454
Oh stop. By that merit every phone has a "removable battery," too. I really hate it when people go "oh actually it does have that feature, you just need to physically implement it yourself."
It always goes down to some personal stuff. You hate what you hate. I hate the word "can't". It always makes me angry when someone else makes the decision what do I actually need. So unless my actions hurt someone or someone's property I always try to overcome those limitations. Like installing mmcx-connectors on my earphones or making a jailbrek or unlocking all the hidden features. Just a little manifestation of my very own image of freedom.
But than again I probably should just leave you witj your hatred after all. As geting orders is also something I really do not appreciate.

Feb 3, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #518 of 1,454
It always goes down to some personal stuff. You hate what you hate. I hate the word "can't". It always makes me angry when someone else makes the decision what do I actually need. So unless my actions hurt someone or someone's property I always try to overcome those limitations. Like installing mmcx-connectors on my earphones or making a jailbrek or unlocking all the hidden features. Just a little manifestation of my very own image of freedom.
But than again I probably should just leave you witj your hatred after all. As geting orders is also something I really do not appreciate.

LMAO "orders"? Settle down, bucko.

What annoys me is when people refer to hardware mods as a "feature" something has. Everything has everything if you've got the engineering ability. It's awesome that you're doing it for yourself, but when someone asks if something has that feature, saying "sure, if you do it yourself" is about as useful as saying "yes, this house has central air conditioning once you install it yourself."

EDIT: Look, I'm sorry I was being snippy. My point here is that when someone discusses a given feature, it's understood that they mean "by default." Yes, you can jailbreak a phone and modify hardware, but if someone is asking about it, they aren't talking about adding that feature themselves. If they were the type to do such mods, the question would be redundant.

I do not own the tools, nor do I have the ability (my hands have a tremor) to try and start modifying headphones like that, and I definitely don't want to send my product in the hands of a hobbyist to give it a shot where, if it goes wrong, I have no warranty recourse.

It's awesome if YOU have zero issues hacking crap apart and modifying, but you're not everyone, and answering questions as though everyone has a work bench and ready access to the materials and expertise to modify everything is extremely unhelpful.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2018 at 6:42 PM Post #519 of 1,454
EDIT: Look, I'm sorry I was being snippy. My point here is that when someone discusses a given feature, it's understood that they mean "by default." Yes, you can jailbreak a phone and modify hardware, but if someone is asking about it, they aren't talking about adding that feature themselves. If they were the type to do such mods, the question would be redundant.
It's ok. And my apologise too for been... well, can't find the right word so be free to choose any you like)
Didn't mean to make you feel you or anyone else should be able to do all those things. My innitial comment was ment to say there is a way. Just not the easy one. Because sometimes there is actually no way to change or upgrade your gear. Like there is no way to change a graphic chip in your laptop.
I for one totally understand your dissappointment as i really think replacable cable is a musthave. Even a really good one (like those attached to DITA) tend to die as time goes. And then there are pets...

Feb 3, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #520 of 1,454
It's ok. And my apologise too for been... well, can't find the right word so be free to choose any you like)
Didn't mean to make you feel you or anyone else should be able to do all those things. My innitial comment was ment to say there is a way. Just not the easy one. Because sometimes there is actually no way to change or upgrade your gear. Like there is no way to change a graphic chip in your laptop.
I for one totally understand your dissappointment as i really think replacable cable is a musthave. Even a really good one (like those attached to DITA) tend to die as time goes. And then there are pets...

Which I understand. Hell I wish I had that kind of spark, I just can't be doin' it. Aside from the fact that we literally don't have the means here, my shaky hands would just botch the whole operation.

And yeah, my 1More Quad had the jack start to short out, so I'm super, duper hedgy about headphones lacking a removable jack. ESPECIALLY with IEMs, because I swear I am the king of having my phone fall out of my pocket or off of a table while I'm listening to them and if a cable short means they're DOA I'm SOL.

Side note: damn I wish I posted here with my voice, because I know I come across wayyyy more abrasive than I mean to. I speak like this out loud, but I swear it's not intended to be on the attack.

Feb 4, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #521 of 1,454
Cables are really a matter of taste. For example, I have experienced a weak contact with one 2-pin model and had to order some soldering in a local phone repair service. Still, some may prefer to experiment with various materials or other cable characteristics.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2018 at 8:14 AM Post #523 of 1,454
Earlier responses from Dan at Periodic Audio are very clear about their position on cables. Brief excerpts here, but click through for the full responses.

The 2-pin PlasticsOne type connector, which is really big and bulky
(...)
An MMCX variant, but (...) Witness the countless threads complaining about noisy and poor-performing MMCX-based connectors!
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/periodic-audio-iems-mg-ti-be.840451/page-2#post-13385949

Patience. We won't do removable cables until we can do them properly. And in our opinion, an MMCX-based solution is NOT proper.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/periodic-audio-iems-mg-ti-be.840451/page-26#post-13701569

We do have plans for removable cables, but done the right way, and on our schedule.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/periodic-audio-iems-mg-ti-be.840451/page-32#post-13908234

Feb 6, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #524 of 1,454
Probably the best $300 that I have spent on this hobby!

26243667638_d4d91edef7_b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back