Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be, C
Apr 19, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #226 of 1,454
not 100 percent sure about that... there are few examples where price in USD for products from US or China is the same as in Europe, once its available in Germany... and there are ways to get around the custom clearing fees... don't want to deal with that...
Anyway another point is a possible return of the item... so I would just prefer to buy from a german dealer... or even amazon, that's all :)

let's not derail the thread... while I'm at it I m gonna ask again for first hand experience with Chord Mojo as source and maybe the Audioquest NightHawks as baseline reference.

Cheers

Apr 19, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #227 of 1,454

Not strictly true. Shops in Germany will be able to claim back the VAT that they have paid as they are companies, so they will be able to sell them at the same price as the US people enjoy. Privately importing goods means that you will effectively pay VAT twice, once in US and once in Germany.

First VAT in us does not exist ecept when you buy in a shop or in the same state (sales tax is called) and when buy as an individual form outside EU the vat/sales tax needs to be taken off.
Second, the shop in germany needs to charge VAT and will charge also any duty they have paid.

As a reference if the Campfore Lyraii costs 699 USD in EU it costs EUR 799.

There are no way around VAT, only thing is that some local dealers can get a discount so that the margin is reduced for both parties. Something not always possible especially if the manufacturer has low margins to start from

Apr 19, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #228 of 1,454

You should ask Dan to under declare the value, otherwise you will owe 2.5% + 19% VAT. Depending on the courier you may also have to pay a fee for customs clearing.

​Yeah.... that's never gonna happen.
rolleyes.gif

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #230 of 1,454
I had a tracking number on April 12th and it was stuck in the pre shipment phase with the post office and so Dan said they are shipping another one out since they shipped a big batch on the 14th . He also said that he will be out of the country for next 4 weeks so if need him to email him dan@periodicaudio.com. 

I hope that helps. They are being shipped from California. If you have tracking then yours is coming. 

Apr 20, 2017 at 12:32 AM Post #233 of 1,454
Hey @DanWiggins will your IEMs be available to purchase in Germany anytime soon? Don't like to deal with customs... I am especially interested in the Be, of course
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers

I can understand you very well. I had once received  custom iems declared as gift from another headfier based in the US. Despite it, German custom officer made me pay a huge VAT. They are very effective :) since then  nein, Danke :) 

Apr 20, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #235 of 1,454
I order on Apr 11 and immediately got a tracking number, but until now, USPS is still expecting package for mailing. Dan said couple of days ago that he would follow up with USPS but still nothing happened.

Apr 20, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #236 of 1,454
  I order on Apr 11 and immediately got a tracking number, but until now, USPS is still expecting package for mailing. Dan said couple of days ago that he would follow up with USPS but still nothing happened.

That's unlucky Had mine sent out by USPS on April 19th and already left the USA for my country according to the tracking.

Apr 20, 2017 at 9:33 PM Post #237 of 1,454
Missing orders,

I emailed Dan today and it appears whole bunch of orders including mine that should have gone out 14th are MIA. Dan is out of the country . I suggest you contact  Zeke Burgess zeke@periodicaudio.com give him your name order number and tell that you need to have your order resent out. He is sending my order out  again tomorrow. 

I hope this help,

Rick 

Apr 21, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #239 of 1,454
Hi all,

All shipments that went out on the 14th are missing.  Everything before - and everything after - are fine.  Just that day, and they're all sitting as "waiting for shipment", even though we have a USPS receipt for drop-off.  We have sent replacements to everyone already, so you should have your replacement product coming and we'll keep monitoring the situation.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back