Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be, C
Dec 29, 2019 at 5:42 AM Post #1,309 of 1,454
Sound Great even with my lgv30 , sounds organic, exciting, dramatic, a kind of magical sound...and just for 300 dollors
it's not an "audiophile" iem cuz it has no replaceable cables. but it is a musical iem.:beerchug:

Jan 10, 2020 at 8:34 PM Post #1,311 of 1,454
I had an issue with my Be regarding channel imbalance and got an immediate replacement, shout out to justin @ periodic audio. You guys rock, replacement is perfect. Just based off of the excellent customer service makes we want to get a Carbon, will wait for a promo code to get under $200 though :)

@genck,

Just my 2 cents.

Agree with you, excellent customer service, good work @DanWiggins too, being the boss & all...

Carbon is awesome indeed & it is well worth the wait...

Hope you have a great day !

Jan 11, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #1,312 of 1,454
I have the BE's and C's. Love them both. C is a bit darker so I go back and forth on my favorite. If you read their descriptions on both they are dead to nuts 'on' with their strengths. I was really lucky and bought my BE's on a webstore that had them priced at $99 a few years ago. The C's I bought the first week they were out. Love both and they really produce terrific sound quality! I use mine with a Dragonfly Black 1.2 on my laptop, from my LGV30 with and without my JDS Labs Atom Amp or with my Earstudio bluetooth amp at the gym or anytime I want a little volume boost away from home.

Jan 12, 2020 at 8:17 AM Post #1,313 of 1,454
@kukkurovaca,

5 year warranty makes any possible issues with cables moot nor is it necessary to change cable just for cable sake but the latter is just my humble opinion.

I listen to a lot of vocals & I mean a lot.
This is also with mulitple sources.
I heard no recessed vocal range at all with the C NONE AT ALL, what are you using as source & what is the source quality?

Subjectively & personally, EQ won't help if you're hearing recessed vocals whether it's there or not for various reasons.

I wouldn't say that makes cable issues 'moot', if the cable gives out once you're going to be self-conscious about it happening again and it does affect your enjoyment. Also I've found - being reasonably tall - that if you wear them over-ear it's a bit of a stretch with the cable, particularly if it's already tangling. Again, gets in the way of just enjoying your music.

But it does seem that the cable is being addressed so fair enough. Just generally not something I'd dismiss.

Jan 13, 2020 at 11:43 PM Post #1,314 of 1,454
I wouldn't say that makes cable issues 'moot', if the cable gives out once you're going to be self-conscious about it happening again and it does affect your enjoyment. Also I've found - being reasonably tall - that if you wear them over-ear it's a bit of a stretch with the cable, particularly if it's already tangling. Again, gets in the way of just enjoying your music.

But it does seem that the cable is being addressed so fair enough. Just generally not something I'd dismiss.

@Pinkus,

I agree with your points, as a tall person myself, cables being pulled can be annoying but if it wasn't clear, I wasn't totally dismissive on cable issues being moot, I was just stating there is certainly less stress & 5 years is a long time especially if one uses said IEM a lot or at least average usage.

Jan 26, 2020 at 12:45 PM Post #1,315 of 1,454
For those who are looking for a cheap solution to drive the Be to their full potential, I highly recommend you to try the new Fiio BTR5.

uc

Jan 26, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #1,318 of 1,454
For those who are looking for a cheap solution to drive the Be to their full potential, I highly recommend you to try the new Fiio BTR5.
Nice! I'll have to try that... When I need BT connectivity, I use an ES100 - but I run a Nickel off the ES100 to power my Be unit. The ES100 and Nickel are the same size, so it's still really portable...

Jan 27, 2020 at 12:14 AM Post #1,319 of 1,454
Nice! I'll have to try that... When I need BT connectivity, I use an ES100 - but I run a Nickel off the ES100 to power my Be unit. The ES100 and Nickel are the same size, so it's still really portable...
I can see doing that – I seem to be a little oversensitive to amp quality. For me the BTR5 ticks that box really well, but I don't have a Nickel to compare it with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back