Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be, C
Dec 1, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #436 of 1,454
Thank you; I just got it about a hour ago from UPS.. haha, so I'm just using the default ones that were put on; I have some Complys and Kombis.. are they any good? I saw the Complys had a P-Series which supposedly are the better ones? I'm not bashing the sound or anything.. they sound really excellent.. no distortion when playing different music/movies and from different sources like ITunes, Spotify, and even Tidal (I just signed up for their HiFi thing as a trial but will cancel later); It's just the bass is a little low, that's all.. I would like a thump thump sound too, but it's too tiny;

Sorry just saw your post.. i'll get some JVC spiral dots.. lots of people seem to like them.. thanks.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #438 of 1,454
When I turn up my music, then I notice some bass.. but everything is too loud then.. you guys were right about not getting an amp.. even around volume 50% it was too loud already.. I listen to maybe about 10% volume sound device setting? Then for iTunes I would slide the volume up to 50%.. and it was loud already.. so the sound quality is there but everything still sounded small.. I left my adapter for my iPhone at work so I will try direct from iPhone on Monday..

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #439 of 1,454
Now the bass is THERE.. i had to do some eq on the PC.. bump up the 31Hz to 125Hz range.. +14 for all three ranges (31, 60 and 125).. but it sounds awesome now.. is that the right thing to do?

Dec 1, 2017 at 7:53 PM Post #441 of 1,454
That seems like a LOT. Either you are a huge bass head or you aren't getting a good seal.
Precisely. Try a different tip, or the large foam tips (they WILL seal just about everyone). If anything, we tend to err on the side of a bit too much bottom end...

Dec 1, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #442 of 1,454
Haha maybe I added too much bass.. maybe half is good too.. now there's too much bass and the quality decreased a bit.. or maybe the sound card isn't too good in the computer..

Dec 1, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #443 of 1,454
Haha maybe I added too much bass.. maybe half is good too.. now there's too much bass and the quality decreased a bit.. or maybe the sound card isn't too good in the computer..
Yeah it might very well be that your sound card sucks. I tried them straight out of my phone when I first got them and was pretty meh about the bass, but then tried them with my Oppo HA-2 and boom, there the bass was with authority

Dec 1, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #444 of 1,454
FWIW, a good dac-amp makes a big difference to me for the Be.. I auditioned the portable Ifi Nano iDSD Black Label some weeks ago, and it sounded really good to me plugged into ‘IEMatch’.. You get better gain structure. I’m gonna purchase mine soon.

BTW, the longer I use the Be’s the more it loosens up and sounds more open to me.

Dec 1, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #445 of 1,454
I'm been looking at the fiio Q1 mark 2, nuprime uDSD and the Oppo.. all are very new and supposedly can do 384/24bit I think.. Oppo is triple the price of Fiio.. which would you recommend? Treble is fine.. looking to boost bass or add some mids too.. somehow when I boosted the bottom, it made everything come alive..

I'm reading that Fiio can warm things up.. maybe their Q1 is better for me?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2017 at 11:59 PM Post #446 of 1,454
What kind of music do you listen to? Not enough bass is the last thing I would describe on these. Maybe you like more sub bass rumble? My other iem has a little more sub bass rumble, but these have more punch out of my iPhone 7. Any fiio amp with bass boost will pound you head off. I don’t listen that loud so I don’t use it with my amp. If you are using from the computer, I recommend the e18 kunlun. I love it. Just connect to the usb and crank it.

Dec 2, 2017 at 1:58 AM Post #447 of 1,454
These little Be's make me want to sell all my other headphone crap and I might do it.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I'm thinking about selling my Focal Elear and OPPO PM3 and Shure SHR1540, simply because I think these sound better. And that's regardless of price... it kind of has me feeling quite a bit jaded, actually. If these had a bit more "air" I think they'd be just about perfect.

I'm not an in-ear guy at all, because they always seem to just straight-up break on me, but the 5 year warranty on these is what really sold me.

I really don't think enough is being made of these little guys. I just wish I had more IEMs with which to compare them ...

Dec 2, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #448 of 1,454
I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I'm thinking about selling my Focal Elear and OPPO PM3 and Shure SHR1540, simply because I think these sound better. And that's regardless of price... it kind of has me feeling quite a bit jaded, actually. If these had a bit more "air" I think they'd be just about perfect.

I'm not an in-ear guy at all, because they always seem to just straight-up break on me, but the 5 year warranty on these is what really sold me.

I really don't think enough is being made of these little guys. I just wish I had more IEMs with which to compare them ...

I tried the ER-4XR, ER-4P, and the $1300 Campfire Vega against them; the Be sounds better to me than all those, the only advantage going to the vega which sounds better with foams for isolation than the Be. However I prefer the Be with silicon tips more than the Vega with any tip if isolation isn't a factor. I would like to try the andromeda but I have a feeling it'd be missing a lot of bass compared to the Be.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #449 of 1,454
looking at 3 different amps.. oppo ha2-se ($300), ibasso D14 ($133 on amazon), and chord mojo ($529+ with cables and connectors); It seems the oppo ha2-se is comparable to the D14? Can anyone please compare them? Thank you; I placed an order for Ibasso D14 from amazon now and it seems to be the best choice; Any other good recommendations? I'm going to place the amp on my desk at work, so probably don't need a sleek one like Oppo (which is double the price of D14) These all are better than the Fiio, so I'm not adding that in..

I'm using the amp on my desk at work, so even though Oppo looks better, it may not be worth double the price; Mojo is excellent of course, but still too expensive;

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #450 of 1,454
You can get the Mojo used for around $200 less than list price and they come up fairly frequently used on Headfi. But they can have some nasty signal interference when near cell phones (attached by short OTG cables for example).

But honestly, I'm not sure how much any of these amps is going to get you that a cell phone with a good amp/DAC section won't (LG V10/20/30 being good examples of such phones, but hardly the only ones).

And if you must have an external amp, perhaps the best bet is to wait for the Periodic Amp to come out. I imagine that it should pair quite well with their IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back