Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be, C
Sep 10, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #391 of 1,454
I wish there were more ear tip sizes included. What suits me best are the silicon single flange types. The problem is that there are only three sizes, and my ears are kinda weird that I think the best fit sonically would be halfway between the medium and large tips.. With the medium tips it gives me the best mids and transients, but the bass is ultimately lacking on most tracks. With the large tips, although the seal is good, there's just too much bass and it obscures transient detail especially with complex material..

I did use some spare tips from other IEM's but they altered the tonality to a great degree IMO. I even tried Spinfit CP100's but the stock ones still sound best to me.. I think the secret with the stock silicon single flange is the large bore size and its shape, that it sounds best with the Be.. And it's unique to Periodic.. I'm not a fan of foam tips, they kill microdynamics IMO.
I felt the same too. I needed something between small and medium sized tips.

Sep 26, 2017 at 4:19 AM Post #393 of 1,454
Anyone here have both Mg And Ti. I have been solely using Mg for sometime and love the sound - clarity and bass. I am wondering how Ti compares to Mg especially in the bass/sub-bass department. TIA

Nov 2, 2017 at 3:24 AM Post #397 of 1,454
I got the Mg a couple of weeks ago, and I love it to the point where I avoided posting here for a while because I was waiting for the honeymoon period to wear off. But it hasn't. These are just crazy good. The sound is layered and involving in a way that makes even tracks I don't normally like all that much become compelling and wonderful. The light weight and light cable makes it easy to wear them for extended periods.

They're just so, so good.

FWIW for most of this time I've been wearing them with Comply T-600 tips, but now I have MandarinES Symbio Wide Bore tips on them and I think I might like them a little better. I'll probably switch back and forth a couple more times before I'm certain. But anyway Symbio Wide is a very viable alternative tip option for these.

Nov 2, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #398 of 1,454
I recently bought a pair of the BE's and went for the "blemished" at only $199 since the new ones were out of stock . . . what good fortune that was. I went over the pair that I received with a fine tooth comb repeatedly and found nothing blemished, they're perfect. 33% off FTW!

Sonically, the BE's are outstanding. Not just for the money, in general. But when I do take the price tag into consideration, they're the most satisfying audio purchase I've ever made . . . just ahead of my Hsu VTF-3 Mk5. Fabulous job, Dan. My sole critique is that it's impossible to tell the left channel from the right. I ended up putting a small piece of tape around the right channel cable to keep them straight.

PS: I came out of an 8 month Head-Fi hibernation to post this review, that's how impressed I am.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #399 of 1,454
Was very excited when I got home last night to find that my Periodic Be arrived. Listened to them until I went to bed. Actually fell asleep with them in. At some point I woke up and took them off, leaving them on the pillow beside me. Woke up to an odd noise of my dog chewing on something. Well, here are my Be's as of 7 am:

20171109_125148.jpg
I assume they are still covered under the 5 year warranty.... :)

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #404 of 1,454
And how is your dog's new home working out? :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back