Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be, C
Apr 18, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #198 of 1,454
Folks,
Can you please help me out here. I need some review, impression about the Mgs. I am not willing to put down $300 for the Bes (or probably can't afford :) them) the Bes at this time. But I need to know about the impressions of audiophiles like you who may have bought Mgs or at least tried one. Anybody please? Thanks.

Apr 18, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #199 of 1,454
  Folks,
Can you please help me out here. I need some review, impression about the Mgs. I am not willing to put down $300 for the Bes (or probably can't afford :) them) the Bes at this time. But I need to know about the impressions of audiophiles like you who may have bought Mgs or at least tried one. Anybody please? Thanks.

I spent about 5 minutes with them at CanJam, so take the following with a grain of salt. They have excellent extension in both directions, especially the treble. Due to the size/weight, I'd probably take them over most everything out there at $100, maybe even my 1More Triple.

Apr 18, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #200 of 1,454
Thanks Meringo

Your comment about 1More triple is quite relevant for me as I do own(ed) the triples a while ago and loved them so much. The only problem I had with them was their weight as I prefer headphones which are really light on my ears, else my ears get fatigued very quickly and I have some kind of resistance towards things hanging in my ears which are too heavy. Another issue I had with the triples was their metal body, I didn't like the cold touch of the metal body of the triples to my ears.

Thanks once again for your comments. I guess I will give them a try.

Cheers.

Apr 18, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #201 of 1,454
  Thanks Meringo

Your comment about 1More triple is quite relevant for me as I do own(ed) the triples a while ago and loved them so much. The only problem I had with them was their weight as I prefer headphones which are really light on my ears, else my ears get fatigued very quickly and I have some kind of resistance towards things hanging in my ears which are too heavy. Another issue I had with the triples was their metal body, I didn't like the cold touch of the metal body of the triples to my ears.

Then the Periodic IEMs probably aren't for you.  They're pretty chunky.

Apr 18, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #202 of 1,454
Well.. I don't mind chunky if they sound good. I have more issue with IEMs if they are heavy (and based on the website info, company claims that they have tried to keep them as light as possible). In fact I tried to find out the weight of them in the specs, but they have not mentioned weight anywhere :frowning2:. Any case thanks for the input.

Apr 18, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #205 of 1,454

I spent about 5 minutes with them at CanJam, so take the following with a grain of salt. They have excellent extension in both directions, especially the treble. Due to the size/weight, I'd probably take them over most everything out there at $100, maybe even my 1More Triple.

Awe man! With my easily triggered tinnitus this normally scares me off.

Apr 18, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #206 of 1,454
Awe man! With my easily triggered tinnitus this normally scares me off.

You might be better looking at something with more substantial bass then. I would suggest looking at some of the Trinity audio products that combine a dynamic driver with a BA. This combination gives a deeper bass with less sibilance in the highs while still delivering amazing detail.

Apr 18, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #210 of 1,454
I think their (Be's) tonality veering ever slightly to bright. Not a problem in most of my playlist but it can and does sound bright in recordings that are also brightly mastered (lots of Japanese indies for example).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back