Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be, C
Apr 13, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #136 of 1,454
looking forward to these thoughts. how's the midrange like? texture, sweetness, timbre, vocals and the rest of the wagon?

I don't have much experience describing sound, as I'm fairly new to the forum and hobby, but I'll definitely share my thoughts.

Generally speaking, the BE lines up well with my preferred sounds signature. (I'm a Planar fan and my full-size favorite is the LCD3 through the Deckard amp). I find the BE to provide a similarly smooth, warm and engaging experience. Bass and dynamic impact is definitely the first thing I noticed with the BE, but it doesn't overwhelm the mids and treble.

Right now I'm listening to Cat Power and the vocals through the BE sound very realistic and warm and intimate. I feel like I'm hearing the full range of the singers voice, without the artificial or "digital" sounding high tones that I sometimes get from BAs or hybrids.

Last night I did some A/B comparison with the BE and the iBasso IT03 (both through the Grace m9xx). I feel like the BE is similarly high-quality like the IT03, with some clear differences owing to the IT03 being a hybrid. It's a big compliment when I say the BE is on par with the IT03, since I feel the IT03 is outstanding for its price ( or any price).

It was a fun comparison. I don't think one is "better" than the other, just a different experience.

The IT03 sounds more "precise" with more separation, like I'm sitting in the middle of a concert hall for some jazz or classical. The IT03 keeps the sounds wide, but also a little distant. The Be feels more like a small club with a more intimate sound. I "feel" the music, and I feel close to the band/singer. I must say that the BE doesn't lose by much when it comes to sound stage clarity. The BE seems remarkably balanced across the whole spectrum and has a surprisingly wide soundstage.

Between these two, I would use the Be for rock, EDM, blues, rap. I would use the IT03 for classical and jazz and cinematic soundtracks.

This hasn't been directly responsive to your question, it hopefully I've conveyed a bit of my experience with the BE.

Apr 13, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #137 of 1,454
not yet so far. You can make your own if you want. You should tell us about the results if you survive :D  
No shipping to North Korea! lol

It was a fun comparison. I don't think one is "better" than the other, just a different experience.

The IT03 sounds more "precise" with more separation, like I'm sitting in the middle of a concert hall for some jazz or classical. The IT03 keeps the sounds wide, but also a little distant. The Be feels more like a small club with a more intimate sound. I "feel" the music, and I feel close to the band/singer. I must say that the BE doesn't lose by much when it comes to sound stage clarity. The BE seems remarkably balanced across the whole spectrum and has a surprisingly wide soundstage.

Between these two, I would use the Be for rock, EDM, blues, rap. I would use the IT03 for classical and jazz and cinematic soundtracks

Nice one, thanks!

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #140 of 1,454
@dan
Out of curiosity, is this you?
https://twit.tv/shows/home-theater-geeks/episodes/291?autostart=false

That's Dan. (That's a cool video, by the way, so thanks for linking it.)

He's done a lot of work in the industry--respected, seasoned, experienced, and I'm glad to see him working on his own IEMs with Periodic Audio.

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:23 AM Post #141 of 1,454
Finally received my Be early in the morning. Initial impressions: it sounds balanced, a little bit warm maybe. Revealing.
The sound-stage is source dependent. When music calls for it can be wide and deep but not overly distant. Vocals have nice presence. Definitely I need more time to build up my final impressions.    

Apr 14, 2017 at 5:43 AM Post #142 of 1,454
  Finally received my Be early in the morning. Initial impressions: it sounds balanced, a little bit warm maybe. Revealing.
The sound-stage is source dependent. When music calls for it can be wide and deep but not overly distant. Vocals have nice presence. Definitely I need more time to build up my final impressions.    

Same here, stage is variable. Not too bad but not very extended for most music. I love their detail and dynamic.

Apr 14, 2017 at 6:23 AM Post #143 of 1,454

cool, sounds like the likes of pinnacle p1 and it03, where the reflect the true nature of the recorded soundstage -- hopefully this should be fun for live stuff.

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #145 of 1,454
That be me...  I've tried to maintain a low profile, but after 27 years of making noise, I do pop up occasionally... :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back