Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be, C
Mar 18, 2017 at 11:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,454

Marburger

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

I have searched about Periodic Audio eims in Head-fi and couldn't find any dedicated thread for this new born company.
Also, I am interested to hear your impressions about their EIMs, if you own any of them.
Actually, I liked their approach in developing their products and I have decided blindly to buy their flagship Be. Because I wanted lately some single dynamic flagship eim in "affordable price range", since I had some complaints for multi BA driver eims, which dominate the market at the moment. 

Currently, looking forward to the delivery...

Of course, the thread is open to everyone who wants to discuss about the Periodic Audio and their products.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with the company. I have just bought one of their eims as a regular customer.

Thanks 

Mar 27, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #4 of 1,454
  Hi all,

I have searched about Periodic Audio eims in Head-fi and couldn't find any dedicated thread for this new born company.
Also, I am interested to hear your impressions about their EIMs, if you own any of them.
Actually, I liked their approach (let's say marketing) in developing their products and I have decided blindly to buy their flagship Be. Currently, looking forward to the delivery...

Of course, the thread is open to everyone who wants to discuss about the Periodic Audio and their products.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with this company in any kind. I have just bought their eim as a regular customer.

Thanks     

You're in for a treat.The Be was one of my favorite IEMs at Canjam.

Mar 28, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #6 of 1,454
I bought the Be version and it should be arriving this week. Can't wait to try it out! I'll post my initial thoughts here.

Mine too is shipped already. However it will take time to reach Uzbekistan.  You will get yours quicker
beerchug.gif

Mar 28, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #8 of 1,454
So YOU'RE the guy in the Uzbekistan area.  I was wondering about that...  Tashkent isn't typically considered a hot-bed of audio!  And they were shipped via USPS Priority Express so you should have them in 7-10 days!

Mar 29, 2017 at 1:30 AM Post #10 of 1,454
  So YOU'RE the guy in the Uzbekistan area.  I was wondering about that...  Tashkent isn't typically considered a hot-bed of audio!  And they were shipped via USPS Priority Express so you should have them in 7-10 days!

Indeed it is me :).  Yeah you are right! There are few enthusiastic guys like me around here in Tashkent. But unfortunately, the audio market is pretty non existent. Hopefully it will change in near future. People should know that there are many worthy brands other than Beats.   Btw, thank you for the shipping details! I have checked tracking and it works so far. Really looking forward to get mine. 

Mar 29, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #11 of 1,454

Dan, I received my BEs yesterday in Austin. Very quick shipping, fast email responses from you and your team, and friendly service! I am very impressed all around.

I am even MORE impressed with the sound. You have a killer IEM with the BE version! It sounds excellent and full and dynamic, even straight out of the iPhone.

I expected it to have good punch and low end, and it certainly does. What really surprised me was the width of the soundstage and the balance all the way though the mids and treble. So much fun to listen to, and very comfortable.

I used them last night through my Grace m9xx playing a Masters album (Alt-J) via Tidal, and the BEs scaled up very well. I'm just very pleased all around with these, as you can tell. I will be selling a couple of my $500+ IEMs after getting these. Thanks for a great product!

Mar 29, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #13 of 1,454
Thank you for your kind words!  If you need anything, drop a line - we try to respond and support as best we can!

Mar 30, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #15 of 1,454
We had a few people ask about the "basic" packaging (the actual word wasn't quite so nice...:wink:.  My partner Zeke had the perfect answer: "you don't listen to the box".

Mics can be good and bad.  Good when you need one to have a call (however, I know you can always use the mic on the phone, and still use your earbuds), but they do introduce measurable and often audible audio artifacts.  A couple of quick measurements on an AP are all that you need to show the effect of the mic circuit, especially on cell phones with high output impedances.  And based upon our questioning at RMAF and NYC CanJam, I'd say about 75% of headfi folks really don't care about the mic.  So - no mic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back