1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be, C

First

Back
75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84
  1. gazzington
    Bought some periodic be today for an amazing price off their website. Autumn sale

Dobrescu George and mochill like this.
  2. PaganDL

Very tempting, @gazzington !

Hope you enjoy them & they sound great with the Ni too !

Hope you have a great day !

3. gazzington
    They arrived today and I love how they sound. Using them with an n6ii and they sound fantastic with everything I've listened to so far. Absolute bargain on this sale.

PaganDL likes this.
  4. gazzington
    The be has become my go to iem most evenings now. One of the cheapest I own but yet probably my favourite. I'm a metal head and these are perfect. I'm considering getting carbons too. Very impressed with the be

kukkurovaca and DanWiggins like this.
  5. DanWiggins
    Try a Nickel amp as well... it's amazing what REAL amplification can do for your IEMs, even "easy to drive loads" like our units.

PaganDL and episiarch like this.
  6. PaganDL

Definitely agree, @DanWiggins,

Ni is among my top 2 favourite truly portable head amps.
    Enjoy it so much

Thanks for developing such a great little head amp.

7. Pinkus
    Earlier in the thread I was mentioning my troubles finding the right tip.

So far I think the Spinfits are coming closest to unlocking their potential. In terms of bass, (surprisingly as I think they were regarded as not having as strong bass as eg Spiral Dots) they are very strong. They can seem a bit veil-y though at times. Spiral Dots seem good too but something just seems missing from the sound - I've tried all sizes apart from Small and I think ML is the closest for me. I'll find myself listening to them and after a while I'll notice a lack of engagement with the music (in comparison to my over-ears).
    Comply, the 600 series seems to work the best, but again, not quite there.

Feel like I'm close - either close to the breakthrough or close to giving up on IEMs entirely! Did someone on here mention using Comply foam inside a Spinfit/Spiral Dot?

On another note, the cable is breaking my heart in terms of constantly being tangled and over-stretched - any pro-tips on that appreciated

8. PaganDL

Hi @Pinkus,

I suggest trying the Periodic Audio Hydrogen Tips, especially silicones, as I have found them the best fit so far for most IEMs.
    Also Crystaline Audio tips work well as do Dekoni Mercury tips.

While I personally haven't tried them, if you're looking for a foam inside silicone, Mandarin Symbio tips seem to work.

The last thing I will say is keep trying to fit that good fit & seal which works for you.

9. DanWiggins
    Several companies - including Advanced Audio - offer custom molded tips for universal IEMs, like ours. That might be an option?

PaganDL likes this.
  10. dbdynsty25
    I'm pretty much in the same boat. The driver flex is horribly annoying and the cable is downright offensive for a 400 dollar headphone. I barely use mine anymore because of those two reasons. Sucks because they do sound pretty good. I miss my final audio e5000s I sold to fund the Carbons. Oh well. Lesson learned.

11. Pinkus
    Yeah I'm contemplating it. Only thing is - because of the tip issues I'm still not sure if I know what the Be's properly sound like. May just have to take a leap of faith on it, might work out cheaper than buying another IEM/portable anyway.

@PaganDL Symbios I tried earlier. Couldn't believe how ineffective they were (for me personally). Same with the Sony triple foams. No proper seal with either.
    Spinfits and Spiral Dots were much better.
    Standard silicone tips - I can get a good seal in my left ear but my right is problematic, even trying a different size for each ear only exacerbates the uneven balance.

12. Pinkus
    I imagine (due to Spinfits sounding best/experience with other tips/IEMs) that anything deep-fitting works better for me than shallow fit.

13. PaganDL

Hi @Pinkus,

Good you tried the Mandarin Symbios.

From experience, I will agree deep fit works better more often than shallow fit though this can be IEM dependant which is why I suggested the Hydrogen tips in the first place as they have a few which could possible work & actually last a reason length of time, especially the silicones.
    I notice for Periodic IEMs, I have the C, to get a good fit & seal, I have to use the small H tips in silicone single flange whereas on most other IEMs, I tend to go the large silicone single flange though I occasionally use the double flange for one or two others.

Also, just with silicone based tips, have you tried different tip sizes in each ear as not everyone can wear the same size in each ear?

First

Back
75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84