Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite
Dec 8, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #1,576 of 1,683
I listened to it last week along with the Allnic HPA3000 tube amp. I wasn't impressed but it may have been the amp. 

I believe it is $3500 with the external upgrade. 

Do you have the Direct Stream? Do you like it?

Thanks,
Ken

Dec 8, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #1,577 of 1,683
I listened to it last week along with the Allnic HPA3000 tube amp. I wasn't impressed but it may have been the amp. 

I believe it is $3500 with the external upgrade. 

Do you have the Direct Stream? Do you like it?

Thanks,
Ken

I still have the PWD MKII but have I close to the DS upgrade this year but $3000 makes you really think about it.

Dec 8, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #1,579 of 1,683
If you are looking to upgrade to a DSD, I can get you a great price on a brand new upgrade package.

Or even better, I can offer a DSD upgrade for $2,999 and you get a Bridge II for free.
And even more better, send me your old Bridge I and I will refund $200 to your account.

Dec 9, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #1,580 of 1,683
  If you are looking to upgrade to a DSD, I can get you a great price on a brand new upgrade package.

Or even better, I can offer a DSD upgrade for $2,999 and you get a Bridge II for free.
And even more better, send me your old Bridge I and I will refund $200 to your account.

Very tempting...

Dec 9, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #1,581 of 1,683

I can stream music from my Aurender N10 and so I don't think I need the Bridge.

Dec 9, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #1,582 of 1,683
Hi,

I recently purchased a PWDll and was wondering what input most use and why?
I've always used (optical) and find that to sounds fine and I have no background noise issues with my MBP. I was also interested in knowing before I possibly purchase the (Bridge ll) if anyone uses this with an ethernet connection from their MBP/PC and had a noticeable sound difference for the better compared to the other of the inputs? 

Thanks.

Dec 9, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #1,583 of 1,683
I think it is mostly personal preference.

'Experts' say that under 2 meters COAX (Digital RCA) is best and over 2 meters optical is best.

I used a PS Audio transport to a PWD with the i2s connection.

TO be honest though, I don't think my setup isn't revealing enough to really hear a significant difference, if anything at all.

And if you are looking for a Bridge II and ken6217 wants the upgrade, maybe you can combine the savings... :wink:

Dec 9, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #1,584 of 1,683
  I think it is mostly personal preference.

'Experts' say that under 2 meters COAX (Digital RCA) is best and over 2 meters optical is best.

I used a PS Audio transport to a PWD with the i2s connection.

TO be honest though, I don't think my setup isn't revealing enough to really hear a significant difference, if anything at all.

And if you are looking for a Bridge II and ken6217 wants the upgrade, maybe you can combine the savings... :wink:

Thanks for your input.
I also feel it is a personal preference, but I was curious what others thought/used. Also, I've used a USB connection from my MBP to my Modi (had no choice) and had some interference issues while browsing the web, so I never even tried it on my main system due to this. I also use about 2 meters of optical cable with my main system so... I'm not positive I'm going to purchase the Bridgell, just wanted to hear some impressions from anyone who uses it with the ethernet or for that matter any input.. Thanks for letting me know another H-F member is interested, just incase I do decide to move forward with the Bridgell.
beerchug.gif

Dec 9, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #1,585 of 1,683
the advantage of using a Bridge is that you can skip the computer all together and stream directly from a NAS drive on your network.

That way you let the PWD do all the work and don't have to have a computer on to play music.
Also, the PWD is a lot better at doing all that stuff than a computer.

Dec 9, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #1,587 of 1,683
  the advantage of using a Bridge is that you can skip the computer all together and stream directly from a NAS drive on your network.
That way you let the PWD do all the work and don't have to have a computer on to play music.
Also, the PWD is a lot better at doing all that stuff than a computer.

I actually understand what it does, and I initially phrased my question incorrectly, but you have answered it for me. Does the Bridgell do it that much better? If so, could you give a brief description between using it/not using it in terms of SQ please? I also made the mistake of asking which input people are using with the Bridgell, when you could only use either ethernet/i2's connection depending if you have another PS Audio component or not.
Thanks.

Dec 9, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #1,588 of 1,683
with a bridge II I would use the ethernet input with a NAS drive.

If playing CDs or using a different music streamer like Sonos or Auralic Aries I would use S/PDIF (optical or COAX)

When using a PS Audio Transport I would use the i2s input.

I have not critically listened to the different inputs, but just from a convenience point of view, I would use the Bridge with a NAS drive over a PC. That way there is no need to have a PC connected and close to your setup.

Dec 9, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #1,589 of 1,683
Just to explain, I am not an audiophile that looks for ultimate detail and improvement of my system.
I choose a lot of times convenience over SQ improvement.

the way my system sounds now is how I like it and from an audiophile point of view I can improve a lot still.
I could afford to do it, but choose not to.

My advice might not be what you are looking for, because I did not really pay attention to SQ improvement over ease of use.

Using all of the inputs of the PWD it sounded awesome to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back