Perfect Sleeping headphones
Mar 23, 2013 at 2:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 62

Melvins

Fake trader feedback from duplicate account: Frankzappa92.
Aka: Melvins92
BAD TRADER
hey there gang. So i usually always listen to music when i'm falling asleep and thus far, my most commonly utilized headphone when i'm about to hit the hay are my Bloxs. I would like to get a new can which has my favorite characteristics of headphones, that being forward mids, a solid bass presence, and very clear, unmuddied music. Something that's between 100-150 used would be most ideal. also, it has to be appropriate to sleep in, as i've already stated. otherwise i'd just use my magnums, but unfortunately they wouldn't last very long if i were to sleep in them. any and all recommendations are extremely welcome. thanks. 

ps. also, i am looking for an over the ear can. thanks!

Mar 23, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #4 of 62
i want a surround sound like experience though. that'll go hand in hand with the sleeping experience i'm looking for

Mar 23, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #6 of 62
no. lol. 

Mar 23, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #7 of 62
I'd suggest a K240 Studio. It's silky smooth, soothing, and expansive.

Not easy to wear to bed, but no headphone is.

Mar 23, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #8 of 62
Quote:
I'd suggest a K240 Studio. It's silky smooth, soothing, and expansive.

Not easy to wear to bed, but no headphone is.

It is a real problem with headphones. If you like lying down, as I really do, then headphones present quite a problem.

You can just lie on your back looking straight up at the ceiling in my experience. But this is no good as after a while you will want to turn over.

The headband like "Sleep Phones" look like rather a good idea to me.

At night if I want to listen to music I use my Roberts WM201 Internet Radio, which I really like and produces good sound, but it is not headphones, anyone else who might be in the room or indeed in the bed, will hear it as well.

Mar 23, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #9 of 62
Quote:
no. lol. 

heh =D

sound quality is probably not at the same level as your headphones, but if you want to actually sleep, I doubt you can wear a real pair of headphones comfortably while sleeping without breaking them after a few nights.

if only a legit audio company would try to make a sleep band type product.

i honestly would suggest going with a speaker system.

Mar 24, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #10 of 62
The only headphones I have had success with being even remotely comfortable with in bed are my V-MODA M80's. mostly because they are tiny on ears. Also very durable which is a big + for sleeping.

Mar 24, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #11 of 62
If you get drunk enough, any headphone can be a 'sleep' headphone.

Mar 24, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #12 of 62
I fall asleep in headphones often, but usually wake right back up and take em off before finally passing all the way out it.

I try to use ear buds that protrude out of the ear as little as possible.  Think the shape of standard phones that come with a new phone.  Also, I wouldn't want to sleep with anything too expensive.

I'm not really an audiophile, but I can't really imagine finding audiophile headphones that are both comfortable and rugged.

I would go with the best pair of slim buds found at Wally World for $15 or less.  But that is just my two cents.

I actually just bought these on sale for $29 on newegg a few days ago.

I can see sleeping in them.  Nice small, flat back shape.  I'm not sure about the sound yet.  They get here Monday.   But they would be the upper edge of how much $$ I would spend on something I sleep with.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106586

EDIT:  GOT THESE TODAY.  NOT GOOD AT ALL.  DO NOT GET.  IMO.

Mar 24, 2013 at 3:06 AM Post #13 of 62
well i bought these stupid bedphones http://www.bedphones.com couple of weeks ago. let me tell you, that these are not comfortable at all and will not stay in place. sound is horrible and i mean horrible. if you find an alternative besides iem, let me know.

Mar 24, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #14 of 62
Mar 24, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #15 of 62
Quote:
well i bought these stupid bedphones http://www.bedphones.com couple of weeks ago. let me tell you, that these are not comfortable at all and will not stay in place. sound is horrible and i mean horrible. if you find an alternative besides iem, let me know.

If you're interested in a little DIY work, a couple AKG drivers are self-enclosed and can easily be transplanted into a headband sort of thing. Might suffer acoustically but it'll sound better than what was in there before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back