Pepsi in 16oz glass bottles?
Oct 5, 2002 at 11:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

finleyville

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking for 16oz glass Pepsi bottles. The last time I saw them in PA was several years ago. I was just wondering if any other part of the US had them. I know Coke sells smaller bottles, but I'm a Pepsi guy. Has anyone seen them lately? Thanks. Oh, btw, I don't mean empty bottles...
wink.gif

Oct 6, 2002 at 12:20 AM Post #2 of 27
We got 'em in Buffalo (oddly enough, one of the few markets where Pepsi consistantly outsells Coke).

Oct 6, 2002 at 2:30 AM Post #3 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by finleyville
I was just wondering if any other part of the US had them.

Yeah, I get them locally here in California. But only in Mexican restaurants where they are imported from Mexican Pepsi bottling plants. They actually taste better than the US bottled Pepsi. I don't know if it's because they're in bottles instead of the usual can or plastic bottle or maybe because they're using cane sugar instead of the "high fructose corn syrup". Anyways, they're really good. I wish I could buy them at the supermarket.

Oct 6, 2002 at 7:10 PM Post #4 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by timoteus
They actually taste better than the US bottled Pepsi.

Same thing with Coke, ours is better tasting.
biggrin.gif

Oct 6, 2002 at 7:39 PM Post #5 of 27
I have one glass bottle (still full) of pepsi from the late 60's. Its about 10 inches tall and at the moment i cant remember how much it holds.

I also have 5 of the same thing, except with 7up in it and the 7up label instead of pepsi.

Oct 7, 2002 at 1:49 AM Post #7 of 27
I haven't seen 16 oz Pepsi or Coke in years. During early high school I worked 32 hrs. per week in a variety store. Used to drink gallons of it. I'm convinced that pop tastes better out of a glass bottle.

I think I'll take a trip to Buffalo soon, just to get a few bottles. OneMalt: where can they be found?

Oct 7, 2002 at 2:06 AM Post #8 of 27
WOOT!! Dublin Dr. Pepper!! I order bottled sodas now and then from a website and I got Dublin Dr. Pepper this summer and yes it does taste a little different and I prefer it. Getting a couple of bottles of Holland Coke which should be interesting, though I have yet to try the Mexican Coke or Pepsi, but that'll be the next ones on my list.

Oct 7, 2002 at 2:20 AM Post #9 of 27
finleyville: If you find any, be sure to lmk. Traveling in Europe last summer, I only drank the bottled stuff. Don't know why, but it just seems better. Maybe writing to pepsi could help?

Oct 7, 2002 at 3:37 AM Post #11 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by Onix
Same thing with Coke, ours is better tasting.
biggrin.gif

i drink diet pepsi and *hate* diet choke. yet, mexican coke light tastes WAY better than pepsi light. i have my brother bring me coke light whenever he comes up from el paso, texas.

Oct 7, 2002 at 3:59 AM Post #12 of 27
Check it out at their website, http://www.popsoda.com/coccolfromho.html . Well whaddya know, the Pepsi I ordered is from Mexico. Hmmm, I have no idea why I ordered Pepsi, definitely a Coke guy. The Holland Coke has real sugar, like Dublin Dr. Pepper, and I guess since they bother to mention it, has a lower carbonation. The Holland and Dublin seem to come in a sporadic supply from them, though you can order the Dublin Dr. Pepper by the can or bottle from the Dublin bottling factory. The prices are fine at popsoda, it's the shipping that kills you, about as much as the soda itself. But then again, I have yet to find a store outside of the web that carries Moxie (Even though it has an aftertaste reminiscent of asphalt, I strangely find myself ordering it again. Oh well, I gotta help out that liver of mine).

I do agree that bottled pops taste better, at least in comparison to canned. The cans seem to impart a negative taste to the pops, but I don't know if I would tell a difference with plastic bottles though, but you just don't have the coolness effect going for you though with plastic.

Oct 7, 2002 at 5:45 AM Post #14 of 27
We buy 8 oz. Coke and Diet Coke bottles here. They sell them @ Costco as well as at Hiller's, a local grocery chain. In fact, right now, they're featuring Jeff Burton (#99 - NASCAR driver). About time -- was sick of seeing Dale Jarret on those bottles.

Oct 7, 2002 at 6:04 AM Post #15 of 27
Dublin Dr. Pepper is the **** (that means I like it for you fogeys). Holland Coke is way better than both Mexico Coke and US Coke but not nearly as good as Dublin DP.
smily_headphones1.gif

My favorite sodas now are Boylan's Creamy Red Birch Beer, Americana Ginger Ale and Henry Weinheart Root Beer. Give 'em a shot.

I never liked Pepsi even back in the sugar days. *shrug*

In Texas, I can get the 12 oz. bottles of Pepsi from Mexico. I haven't seen the tubby 16 oz. bottles since the mid 80s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back