People who buy from the apple store + their reviews...
Apr 7, 2006 at 4:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

unlimitedx

100+ Head-Fier
This was a review for the e4c:

"This is got to be the biggest waste of money. These headphones suck the hairy toe of a donkey. The regular headphones you get with your ipod are 10 times better. I got these as a gift and feel sorry for the people who got them for me. They are too mu... Read more >ch money. The quality and the price are terrible. I would rather not even listen to my ipod. That is how much I do not like these ipod headphones. "

Wow, 10x better??! Anyhow, I feel sorry that they don't do their research first and buy their stuff at the best price possible, some really pays $300 for them!

Apr 7, 2006 at 4:26 AM Post #2 of 24
it says he got them as a gift. The person who did pay for it may have like the e4s and found them worth their tag, but the writer didn't. And he never mentioned any price. Besides, IEM are both loved n hated. Same with the brand, some don't like the soudn signature of shures, others etys, etc.

Apr 7, 2006 at 4:29 AM Post #4 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by unlimitedx
I should have said my second comment referred to all the comments overall on the Apple website.

Huh? I don't get what you mean.

Apr 7, 2006 at 4:33 AM Post #5 of 24
He probably couldn't get a good seal or something... but yeah, he's a moron.

Apr 7, 2006 at 4:40 AM Post #7 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by unlimitedx
This was a review for the e4c:

"This is got to be the biggest waste of money. These headphones suck the hairy toe of a donkey. The regular headphones you get with your ipod are 10 times better. I got these as a gift and feel sorry for the people who got them for me. They are too mu... Read more >ch money. The quality and the price are terrible. I would rather not even listen to my ipod. That is how much I do not like these ipod headphones. "

Wow, 10x better??! Anyhow, I feel sorry that they don't do their research first and buy their stuff at the best price possible, some really pays $300 for them!

Its just one person's oppinion... As absurd as it may seem to you / me or anyone else, people have their own unique personal preferences. The sooner you come to this realization the more easily you can digest all that is Head-Fi.

When it comes to evaluating headphones, the only thing I would say is "wrong" is to form a strong oppinion based on a first impression. Give something a little time and refrain from forming a firm oppinion too quickly. For a while I was very anti-senn, but that was before I heard them amped properly.

Personally I have never heard the phones mentioned in this thread.
Garrett

Apr 7, 2006 at 4:44 AM Post #9 of 24
One mans trash is another mans gold.

There are, I am sure, those of us out there, who just cannot abide the sound of any electrostatic headphone. And so, to the ears of such a listener, the sound of an SR-60 will be better than the sound of an Omega 2.

And while I think that is an important point I think this is another one.

The kind of people who leave feedback like that, in that place, with those words are the people who base their purchase decisions on the latest CNET email ratings.

Apr 7, 2006 at 4:48 AM Post #10 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by some moron from apple store
This is got to be the biggest waste of money. These headphones suck the hairy toe of a donkey. The regular headphones you get with your ipod are 10 times better. I got these as a gift and feel sorry for the people who got them for me. They are too mu... Read more >ch money. The quality and the price are terrible. I would rather not even listen to my ipod. That is how much I do not like these ipod headphones.

I'm reminded of one of my own quotes:

Everybody's entitled to their opinion, and in my opinion, you're not entitled to your opinion.

Apr 7, 2006 at 5:00 AM Post #12 of 24
I actually placed a review for the Ultimate Ears 5 in there just to counter all the horrible reviews on that thing...
I actually think it might be good if more head-fi members did this.... i've seen alot of bose bashing but little or no support for senn, akg, shure, ultimate ears, koss and others when it comes to customer reviews on websites.

Apr 7, 2006 at 9:09 AM Post #14 of 24
biggrin.gif
I know exactly what's going on here.

The aforementioned reviewer, hereby labeled the 'suspect' is probably a music downloader.
rolleyes.gif
We know how good those 64kbps files sound on something as revealing as the Shure E4C's! In fact just the other day my buddy I gave my E4C's to mentioned his mixed feelings on them because they made his current music sound so bad. Once I pointed out he should probably fix that little problem he's loving them more with every real album he plays on them.

Apr 7, 2006 at 11:59 PM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by creyc
biggrin.gif
I know exactly what's going on here.

The aforementioned reviewer, hereby labeled the 'suspect' is probably a music downloader.
rolleyes.gif
We know how good those 64kbps files sound on something as revealing as the Shure E4C's! In fact just the other day my buddy I gave my E4C's to mentioned his mixed feelings on them because they made his current music sound so bad. Once I pointed out he should probably fix that little problem he's loving them more with every real album he plays on them.

An excellent point.

I'd also like to mention that Apple Computer, with the iPod and iTunes, have introduced millions of people to headphone listening. I confess, I was one of them (don't reject me, please). As the market grows, so grows its high end, giving us more choices. Many iPod users who try to get better sound will discover what I did recently, and what many HF members have known for far longer, about headphones, and about uploading in lossless formats. So thank you Apple, and thank you Apple Stores and i Pod users. With more information, and less condescension, many who are ignorant (not necessarily stupid) today, shall see the light tomorrow.

Just for historical prospective, which in my personal experience goes back to the late '50s, remember that audiophiles have always been a small minority. Most people just want the tunes, whether on an AM car radio, or an iPod. They think most of us are crazy. Given the amount of money I've spent lately (more on my rediscovery of music in another thread-maybe), I wouldn't really want to argue with that.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back