People in L.A. are nuts
May 25, 2005 at 5:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

Headphoneus Supremus
I was walking home @ 3am towards Koreatown (yeah I know, really bad start to the story already, huh
biggrin.gif
). Anyways, as I crossed 7th, this guy was wanting to turn left (which would be my right. got it?) So, being the nice guy I am, I stood at the corner and waited for him to turn so that I wouldn't be making him wait whilst I walked across the road. I probably should have motioned for him so he knew what I was doing, but whatever. I was damn tired and it slipped my mind.

So he starts making his left turn, slows down, and stops. Right in front of me. I assume (50% out of naivety, 50% just lying to myself) that he's had to stop to look at a roadmap or something. Then I notice a quiet voice trying to get my attention. I ignore it until I reach the curb at the opposite side of the road. Then i'm like, "Dude, what if he needs directions?" I actually wondered to myself if it was some gangbanger with a gun, wanting to smoke me or something. But I figured if worst came to worst, 1) At least I died trying to help a brother 2) Maybe God will protect me
wink.gif

So, I walk over to his car and say, "You need directions or something?" He's very quiet, doesn't really say much. He's Hispanic, so I thought maybe it was a language barrier. In the few minutes I end up trying to actually get a word out of him (he's mostly just staring at me like I might stare at pretty girls), he says "Where have you been?" "What happened to you?" and something else I can't remember. Things that really make absolutely no sense considering I don't know this guy, and it's not like I was bleeding or something.

I repeatedly ask if there's something he needs help with, trying to convince myself that maybe he really does want directions or something, but maybe is just too stoned or drunk to communicate effectively. lol
tongue.gif

I noticed throughout his silence-trying-to-pass-as-conversation, he kept nodding in this wierd way. Near the end of my patience, instead of nodding he actually pointed into his car.

At this point, my What? meter maxxed out. A guy I don't know, who i've been honestly trying to help because he stopped in front of me, wants me to get in his car, after conducting the WIERDEST conversation (if you can even call it that) of my life.

I don't think so.

I said "Take care" and told him I was sorry but I couldn't get in the car with someone I don't know. (duh! geez)

The possibilities of what this guy wanted from me, or thought I was doing on the corner, are disturbing at best
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

May 25, 2005 at 7:24 PM Post #8 of 39
While I did enjoy the 'my What? meter maxxed out' saying, I believe this thread is slated for lock down or deletion.

May 25, 2005 at 7:44 PM Post #10 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
You are aware that there is a serial rapist loose in K-Town?

I have no idea whether the rapist discriminates between the sexes. No need to take chances.

-Ed

i didn't know that.
eek.gif
I don't really read the news anymore, i'm too empathetic and opinionated, so it just ends up making me either depressed or pissed off.

May 25, 2005 at 7:45 PM Post #12 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08
Maybe he thought you were a prostitute, lol. Seriously, be safe and try not to talk to people so late in LA. This place is nuts.
very_evil_smiley.gif

yeah, my point exactly. though i tried not to say it in as many words so as to keep this thread 'clean' heh

As the original post explains, after-the-fact i did realize the silliness and naivety of my actions, but i can't help it. i'm a nice guy and try to help people. well unless i'm having a bady day
wink.gif
i guess i just have to remind myself that this city has some dirt and i need to be more prudent with my niceness. heh

that's crazy about the serial rapist bit.
eek.gif
eek.gif

May 25, 2005 at 7:55 PM Post #13 of 39
The first official member of "Team Male Prostitute"

May 25, 2005 at 8:08 PM Post #14 of 39
Edwood from what I read, he's mostly preying on women. Although I suppose maybe he heard about the suspect being taken into custody, so he started changing his tactics? who knows.

i wish i had more info about this guy, i'd try to help the cops out.

May 25, 2005 at 8:49 PM Post #15 of 39
If that guy had a gun, in a few weeks we would have been wondering why sduibek hadn't been posting lately.

Move away from Koreatown. Seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back