"People aren't hearing all the music" --//Doctor Dré
Aug 20, 2011 at 5:30 AM Post #4 of 12

Quote:
Yep it was at JB the underground one Lol I was standing there listening to the Studio's thinking man this slogan is just too good.

But its true though, haha, you can't hear anything on them besides the overpowering muddy bass, but I do admit the Beats Pro do look nice and feel very comfortable, if I had the money, I would buy a Beats Pro replace the driver with the SRH940 or 840 driver.

Aug 20, 2011 at 5:33 AM Post #5 of 12
Anyone tried that before??

Quote:
But its true though, haha, you can't hear anything on them besides the overpowering muddy bass, but I do admit the Beats Pro do look nice and feel very comfortable, if I had the money, I would buy a Beats Pro replace the driver with the SRH940 or 840 driver.

Aug 20, 2011 at 5:48 AM Post #7 of 12

Quote:
The Studio sounds "OKAY" I mean I can see people enjoying how it sounds, but the price is eh...

Why bother transplanting an SRH-940 driver, the SRH-940's are pretty excellent as they are.

Experience from opening up a pair of Studio's before reveals that they have proper drivers in them, just not tuned right i guess (it was a friends Studio, not mine), the Studios are pretty flimsy and plasticky craptastic for something that cost $499 (JB price), my modded cheap $60 Koss UR40's sound superior to the Studios by doing a a/b test, no amp or dacs, the only time when the Studios did sound good was when I had rap or hip hop blasting through them.

I don't dig the look of the SRH line 440 to 940, looks weird. But they do sound good though.

Aug 20, 2011 at 5:59 AM Post #10 of 12
Haha....stop giving Dre a hardtime.
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 20, 2011 at 8:26 AM Post #11 of 12
I AGREE. I want to hear all the music, all the time! All artists, all genres, at the same time, one glorious musical cacophony! Pity the fool who listens to music as disparate tracks in a serial fashion, a narrow sequence of "Artist: Album", one album at a time, or god forbid, the random vagaries of shuffle. IGNORANCE. People must listen to music in parallel! HEAR ALL THE MUSIC. THE MUSIC IS GOOD. The experience of sound should be multi-phasic and multi-dimensional, every track a single instrument in some giant cosmic orchestra, each instrument playing its own melody, but the whole ensemble producing the music of EXISTENCE.

To experience this, you need Beats by Dr Dre. BUY THEM.

Aug 20, 2011 at 8:28 AM Post #12 of 12
I honestly don't think that Head-Fi needs yet another Beats hate thread, sorry. This kind of thing has been posted numerous times before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back