Penon BS1 Official Version Earbud Discussion
May 18, 2018 at 8:10 PM Post #46 of 76
The thing with the bs1 is unless the fit is good you don't get the bass impact, but if you get a good seal with just enough air you can hear the impact and the quality of the bass is very good imo. Textured and well controlled.

If i were you I'd try all the foams, i was getting slightly different results with every foam and all ears are different so.

Yes I will have to do that. I like the sound with the full foams that were on them when they got here. But I could find a sound that I like better. I will have to check different ones out.

May 18, 2018 at 8:21 PM Post #47 of 76
Yes I will have to do that. I like the sound with the full foams that were on them when they got here. But I could find a sound that I like better. I will have to check different ones out.
How do you find the fit? I wish the shell was a bit smaller like my new black ling, similar shape but 1mm less in the diameter can make a big difference to my average-smaller ears.

May 18, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #49 of 76
They fit me pretty snugly but not as good as the Shozy Cygnus or BK. I like the shell of those, but my BK recently died on the right side.
Yup BK for life lovely fit. The shozy guys might repair it if you pay the shipping... How long have you owned it?

I have mine being repaired as we speak as the original owner had a warranty!

I did love my bk for the analog quality and mids, really special earbud.

May 18, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #50 of 76
Yup BK for life lovely fit. The shozy guys might repair it if you pay the shipping... How long have you owned it?

I have mine being repaired as we speak as the original owner had a warranty!

I did love my bk for the analog quality and mids, really special earbud.

I did contact them, they are out of warranty. I did plan on still sending them back to them and see what it would cost to repair.

May 18, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #51 of 76
I did contact them, they are out of warranty. I did plan on still sending them back to them and see what it would cost to repair.
How did that happened? Did the driver failed for no apparent reason?

May 18, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #53 of 76
That’s what it seemed like to me. I used them often and one day it just sounded off and trying a few different sources I noticed it was the right driver that was quieter than the other.
Only quiter or also distorting/rattling or loss of some frequency?

May 19, 2018 at 7:56 AM Post #55 of 76
Initially I thought it was just quieter but when comparing to the left side there is some frequency loss.
Ah okay, yeah that’s a driver fault alright. That probably means the cable is fine bit the driver is the issue.

May 20, 2018 at 8:32 AM Post #58 of 76
Came across this review of someone unhappy with them

What do you guys think - just displeasure in the result or something fixable like a fit issue?

There were a few contrasting opinions. Mostly positive impressions and a few negative. I’d like to think the fit and cable weight was the issue but who knows. Cannot please everyone with one sound signature.

May 20, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #59 of 76
Bs1 official is my fav buds for work/home use.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #60 of 76
Here is my Penon BS1 Official Review. Hope you enjoy it :blush:

http://moonstarreviews.net/1100-2/

Some shots
20180319_235556-1226-x-698-768x437.jpg
20180320_000100-768x442.jpg 20180319_234923-768x432.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back