Master class

Manual HiFi tuning

3D curly maze structure

Strong sound quality configuration

150Ω black gold driver

Curly maze structure

Adjustable professional sound quality

Faster & simpler, replace tuning damping

M3 Pro, the first earbuds with replaceable dampers.

Golden damper: dampers with default configuration.

Silver damper: by replacing the damping to match the unit, call up excellent sound quality.

Flagship sound quality driver configuration

150Ω three-layer titanium coating on dome top

M3 Pro uses ST10s black gold driver。

Efficient combination, black gold driver, M3 Pro reproduces a powerful sound field

M3 Pro is a brand-new adjustable damper earbuds, using flagship ST10s black gold 150Ω driver, its bass energy is stronger, the dome-coated titanium diaphragm has clear and natural mid and high frequency, professional-level configuration regardless of classic music or pop music. Present more details.

Powerful bass, curled maze acoustics

M3 PRO uses powerful labyrinth acoustic tuning technology, 3D molding technology creates a tortuous labyrinth soundtrack, the best bass and treble clarity can be achieved in small size earphones. Our first addition of the damper tuning design can be said to be unprecedented.

Audiophile grade, professional level, sound adjustment

The default configuration gold damper enhances bass flexibility and treble clarity.

Give a pair of silver dampers, strength IF thickness and sound field width.

More fine-tuning dampers will be provided in the future to achieve more precise and detailed sound adjustments.

MMCX upgrade cable

With 4 strands of single crystal copper silver-plated cable guaranteed sound quality, high-definition and lossless transmission professional audio cable.

M3 Pro (2).jpg

Purchase link:​

https://penonaudio.com/smabat-m3-pro.html

PENON Stay updated on PENON at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1221974387914138/ https://twitter.com/PenonAudio?s=09 https://www.instagram.com/penonaudio/ https://penonaudio.com/ penonaudio@hotmail.com
Apr 18, 2022 at 4:51 PM Post #47 of 117
I just received the PAC earbuds which are currently free with most Penon or ISN cable purchases, they are really quite good especially being free! The sound is full (especially with foams), relatively balanced, good stage and timbre, very good imaging, slightly mellow but not overly smoothing the details to achieve it.

If you’ve been thinking about buying a cable this is a great time to take advantage of the site wide sale and get a good pair of buds for free.

Attachments

• CBBBCC9F-3292-41F4-B515-87B42A038FD8.jpeg
    CBBBCC9F-3292-41F4-B515-87B42A038FD8.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Apr 22, 2022 at 1:03 AM Post #48 of 117

NF AUDIO NE4 Evolution Replaceable Frequency Dividing Faceplate​

NE4 FACEPLATE (2).jpg

The spirit of exploration is the basic mode of human thinkingNE4 transparent exploration faceplate adopts ultra-low + full frequency + high x 2’s three frequency division architecture designs brings transparent and atmosphere free tone. The fully transparent shell gives a panoramic view of beauty.
MUSIC & PROFESSIONAL SERIES
Frequency response range : 15- 25Khz
Sensitivity : 110 dB/mw
Impedance : 17ohm

NE4FACEPLATE.jpg

Last edited:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1221974387914138/ https://twitter.com/PenonAudio?s=09 https://www.instagram.com/penonaudio/ https://penonaudio.com/ penonaudio@hotmail.com
Apr 24, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #49 of 117
Ok folks. YST-02 is a hybrid you should pay close attention to. I have a review unit on hand and I have to say for what Penon is asking for a set. Your getting a superb hybrid for the price. One of the best I have heard at the price to be honest. Its got everything you want in a good sounding unit. Good stage, dynamics, balanced signature sounds way more refined than the price would indicate. Its technicalities are simply fantastic and has some really great imaging. Yet another compelling product sold on the Penon pages. I will be working on a full review of this one as soon as I am able to. For how no hesitation of its value, not to mention has a stunning look to them in person.
My YST-02 have landed and am burning in. 50+hours so far. OOTB did not like them but after 50 hours they are improving. Brain or actual burn-in, who knows? But I am liking them more and more. At first I thought they were too bass light but you need to get a good seal. Agree with you that it has a balanced signature and good technicalities. It is my current under US$100 favourite. Great rec @Dsnuts!!!

Apr 24, 2022 at 12:35 PM Post #50 of 117
It is quite the bargain what those sound like. You really can't ask for too much better at the asking price. They amp like a champ too if you got a small portable amp or desktop set up give those a try with a bit more power pushing the sound.

Apr 24, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #51 of 117
It is quite the bargain what those sound like. You really can't ask for too much better at the asking price. They amp like a champ too if you got a small portable amp or desktop set up give those a try with a bit more power pushing the sound.
And they look great too!

Apr 30, 2022 at 12:18 AM Post #52 of 117
IMG_20220430_023413-01.jpeg
IMG_20220430_023341-01.jpeg
IMG_20220430_023213-01.jpeg

Penon PAC Earbuds

These earbuds came as one of the freebies from my recent purchase at Penon Audio.

I felt obliged to do a simple write up since I lfelt like these buds don't have the right to sound this good. They're FREEBIES. 😅👏🏼

It is currently listed at $50 on Penon's website but comes free by purchasing some of their products (Penon and ISN cables and IEMs).

PAC Earbuds Specs:
Drivers: 15.4mm PET Composite Titanium Diaphragm
Impedance: 40 Ohm
Sensitivity: 106db
Freq. Response: 20hz-20kHz
Connector: MMCX

Packaging:
The buds only came in a tiny ziplock bag, no cables included. For the sake of this mini review, I made a cable for it. A good but cheap 4-core SPC cable as shown in the photos.

Build/Comfort:
The shells of these buds are made of aluminum, painted with black coating. There are channel markings painted on both sides. Vent holes are also present on each side, near the MMCX ports. The overall build looks sturdy, even the MMCX ports stay in place without any signs of movements. Can't really complain at all, although some users might prefer earbuds with stems.

Sound Impressions:
These earbuds do so many things right, while having very few misses. Sound is complete. I mean I never felt there's something obviously lacking. Reminds me of their well received Penon BS1 earbuds. Great balance between bass, mids, and treble. Though PAC showing signs of maturity when it comes to low end control and some other refinements.

Bass: These are basshead earbuds. Subbass can be felt early on while listening to EDM, RNB, Hip-hop, Trip-hop, Rock, Metal. Subbass depth is still good for some other genres. Midbass is more prominent than sub specially when playing acoustic and vocal rich tracks. Transients are good. Feels good while listening to acoustic jam sessions and pop tracks.

Mids: Lower mids has enough body coming from the upper bass rise. It is not overly thick and no muddiness is present. Note weight is good with a natural presentation. No honkiness or unnatural timbre felt. Though I feel like there's a slight dip before rising slowly to the upper mids and lower treble. There were times when some high-pitched female vocal tracks sounded like they were headed into becoming peaky but gladly, they didn't go there. Mids overall sounded just right, natural, airy, with good weight.

Treble: The rest of the treble from lower to high remained smooth. Metal still sounds okay to me here having enough sparkle and extension as I prefer, but I think some would want more of both for a more bright presentation. That would make it slightly U or V shaped though. Good thing mids and treble compliment each other well in this choice of tuning.

Soundstage/Imaging: The stage felt like having an average width with an intimate presentation. Stage depth compensates greatly for that and helped achieve really nice results in imaging and separation.

My verdict:
I laughed inside when I tried to think of reasons why one should buy these earbuds. Just go get yourself a Penon or ISN IEM/cable and get these buds for free. 😅 There are plenty of reviews and comments available out there about their products. You guys should check them out. You'll then get a really nice earbuds in the PAC.

I can recommend PAC to those looking for a good all-rounder buds that can be used both indoor and outdoor. Not necessarily a basshead buds but I'm certain that PAC buds can do the job. Perfect on the go as they are detachable and can be used with Bluetooth adapters. The resolution and details are really good being just a freebie product on its introduction. Not sure until when this promo will last though. Better grab one while you're at it. 😉

May 5, 2022 at 7:30 PM Post #53 of 117
DSC00360.jpg

OK, I got the Reecho SG-01 OVA in earlier today, I've been doing some listening straight out of the box (no burn-in yet, so take that as you will) and I have to say I am quite unexpectedly blown away by this earphone. I don't always see eye to eye with @Dsnuts on everything but from what I am hearing he is 100% right that this is redefining what $50 can buy you these days. I've also been enjoying the Moondrop Kato lately and these Reechos actually get shockingly close. Yes I would definitely choose the Kato if I had to pick one, but the Reecho is 1/4 of the price and gets you way more than 1/4 of the SQ. And I would take these Reechos over the Aria in a heartbeat.

The SG-01 OVA has a nice balanced U-shaped tonality. The emphasis leans a bit toward the quite high quality bass you are getting for the price (moderately elevated and slightly sub-bass biased, with absolutely outstanding extension for a budget IEM), but this does not at all overshadow either the mids or the treble. There is a mild amount of warmth in the lower mids, giving male vocals a nicely bodied presentation. Upper mids in their turn are slightly emphasized over the lower, giving female vocals and strings a nice energy and presence but staying shy of any sort of shoutiness. Lower treble is emphasized over the upper, but once again these display a shocking extension for a budget single-DD, easily surpassing many IEMs I have heard at multiples of the SG-01 OVA's price point. This allows enough air to keep an open and balanced presentation despite the emphasized low end.

Technically it is likewise extremely accomplished for the price. The soundstage is not only wide but also fairly tall, although unsurprisingly it struggles somewhat more with depth as do most IEMs at this price point. The imaging is quite good, not holographic but very focused and well-defined on both X and Y axes. Instrument separation and layering are likewise excellent. Resolution is certainly respectable and nothing to complain about, although this is another area where it cannot totally break free of the constraints of a budget model as the leading edges in the transients tend to be somewhat on the blunt side.

I would be remiss not to add that comfort is superb for my medium-small ears, and the modestly sized and well-shaped shells make them an excellent candidate for side sleeping (they are flush with my ears).

So you've got an extremely refined and versatile tuning combined with surprisingly competent technicalities for a budget single DD, in a very comfortable shell, at an extremely attractive price point. I am fairly certainly this will displace the venerable (to me at least) Tin T2 Plus as my default $50 rec, and some may even prefer it to my default sub-$100 rec in the Dunu Titan S if they are looking for a more substantial bass response than the neutral-bright Titan S can provide.

This is my introduction to Reecho as a company, and so far I am nothing but impressed. I'll continue listening, burning them in, and will publish a full review in the coming weeks.

Last edited:
May 5, 2022 at 9:51 PM Post #54 of 117
IMG_20220430_023413-01.jpeg
IMG_20220430_023341-01.jpeg
IMG_20220430_023213-01.jpeg

Penon PAC Earbuds

These earbuds came as one of the freebies from my recent purchase at Penon Audio.

I felt obliged to do a simple write up since I lfelt like these buds don't have the right to sound this good. They're FREEBIES. 😅👏🏼

It is currently listed at $50 on Penon's website but comes free by purchasing some of their products (Penon and ISN cables and IEMs).

PAC Earbuds Specs:
Drivers: 15.4mm PET Composite Titanium Diaphragm
Impedance: 40 Ohm
Sensitivity: 106db
Freq. Response: 20hz-20kHz
Connector: MMCX

Packaging:
The buds only came in a tiny ziplock bag, no cables included. For the sake of this mini review, I made a cable for it. A good but cheap 4-core SPC cable as shown in the photos.

Build/Comfort:
The shells of these buds are made of aluminum, painted with black coating. There are channel markings painted on both sides. Vent holes are also present on each side, near the MMCX ports. The overall build looks sturdy, even the MMCX ports stay in place without any signs of movements. Can't really complain at all, although some users might prefer earbuds with stems.

Sound Impressions:
These earbuds do so many things right, while having very few misses. Sound is complete. I mean I never felt there's something obviously lacking. Reminds me of their well received Penon BS1 earbuds. Great balance between bass, mids, and treble. Though PAC showing signs of maturity when it comes to low end control and some other refinements.

Bass: These are basshead earbuds. Subbass can be felt early on while listening to EDM, RNB, Hip-hop, Trip-hop, Rock, Metal. Subbass depth is still good for some other genres. Midbass is more prominent than sub specially when playing acoustic and vocal rich tracks. Transients are good. Feels good while listening to acoustic jam sessions and pop tracks.

Mids: Lower mids has enough body coming from the upper bass rise. It is not overly thick and no muddiness is present. Note weight is good with a natural presentation. No honkiness or unnatural timbre felt. Though I feel like there's a slight dip before rising slowly to the upper mids and lower treble. There were times when some high-pitched female vocal tracks sounded like they were headed into becoming peaky but gladly, they didn't go there. Mids overall sounded just right, natural, airy, with good weight.

Treble: The rest of the treble from lower to high remained smooth. Metal still sounds okay to me here having enough sparkle and extension as I prefer, but I think some would want more of both for a more bright presentation. That would make it slightly U or V shaped though. Good thing mids and treble compliment each other well in this choice of tuning.

Soundstage/Imaging: The stage felt like having an average width with an intimate presentation. Stage depth compensates greatly for that and helped achieve really nice results in imaging and separation.

My verdict:
I laughed inside when I tried to think of reasons why one should buy these earbuds. Just go get yourself a Penon or ISN IEM/cable and get these buds for free. 😅 There are plenty of reviews and comments available out there about their products. You guys should check them out. You'll then get a really nice earbuds in the PAC.

I can recommend PAC to those looking for a good all-rounder buds that can be used both indoor and outdoor. Not necessarily a basshead buds but I'm certain that PAC buds can do the job. Perfect on the go as they are detachable and can be used with Bluetooth adapters. The resolution and details are really good being just a freebie product on its introduction. Not sure until when this promo will last though. Better grab one while you're at it. 😉
Just to update that I had bought a qualifying cable from Penon and did not include the PAC buds in the purchase. I emailed Penon and they confirmed that I qualified for the PAC buds free, and would ship it together with the cable.

May 7, 2022 at 8:49 PM Post #55 of 117
Just to update that I had bought a qualifying cable from Penon and did not include the PAC buds in the purchase. I emailed Penon and they confirmed that I qualified for the PAC buds free, and would ship it together with the cable.

Sounds good. It only takes an email or a DM to clarify things up with them. They are always accommodating on requests and inquiries.

May 11, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #57 of 117
The M3 Pro continues with Smabat's theme of configurable tuning, although instead of swappable drivers as with the M2s Pro, the M3 Pro has replaceable tuning dampers. With the default gold dampers, the tuning is quite similar to the M Pro which I recently reviewed, aka a bright V-shape. However the black dampers that come in the package bring the mids up considerably, creating a very shallow U-shape tuning with a slight accent on the mid-bass and a moderate emphasis on the upper mids. This is much closer to my target preference (basically, neutral with bass boost) and I find it an extremely enjoyable listen with far less fatigue. Detail and resolution remain excellent... perhaps even slightly better than the M Pro, which was by no means a slouch in this area.

The driver is the 150-ohm black gold that has been used in other models, and is a huge step up technically over the driver in the M Pro, mainly in that soundstage is no longer one dimensional, but has much better height and somewhat better depth; consequently the imaging, layering and separation have much more room to exist properly. As long as your source can handle the higher power requirement of the M3 Pro, I would say it is 100% worth the modest premium over the M Pro.

Smabat has also promised that more tuning dampers will be released in the future to further customize the sound.

All in all I think these are likely to become my favorite amongst the buds I have heard so far. I'll keep listening and working on a full review.

May 12, 2022 at 12:12 AM Post #58 of 117

Yanyin Moonlight

2EST + 4BA + 1 Dynamic Driver Hybrid 2pin 0.78mm HiFi Audiophile In-ear Earphones IEMs

7.jpg

Description

Yanyin technology first electrostatic hybrid driver structure earphone

10mm new Bio-diaphragm dynamic

4 Knowles independent balanced armature

2 Sonion electrostatic units

The moon shines, the stars twinkle

Each piece of earphone is made by hand in reverse mold, with unique craftsmanship like moonlight embellishment, half-hidden and half-visible. Like the moonlight under the starry sky at night with beautiful music, picturesque.

Good tuning, good soul

MoonLight uses a complex physical frequency division combined with electronic frequency division technology, and the design of the four-band independent tube makes the sound more pure.

The phase of each unit spends a lot of time processing coordination, exhibiting an industry standard for ultra-low distortion. The sound positioning is accurate, the sound field is naturally wide, and the feeling of unplugging is excellent.

Where the moon goes, the sound goes

MoonLight adopts new Bio-diaphragm dynamic, better sound diving, full atmosphere, better elastic performance.

The configuration of the 4 Knowles balanced armature ensures the high and medium frequency sound is full and details are restored clearly.

Two Sonion electrostatic units with an ultra-wide frequency response range make the ultra-high frequency smooth, warm and transparent.

Graphene silver-plated cable

The cable is made of 4 strands of Litz structure, graphene wrapped with silver-plated cable. The good horse is equipped with whip, so that the signal transmission cannot lose.

The earphone is designed with detachable cable and also supports balanced plugs. The default pin is 2pin 0.78mm connectors +3.5mm single end.

High toughness, high strength, imported medical resin

The shell of the earphone is still made of egger medical grade resin imported from Germany. The excellent material makes the shell of the earphone have the characteristics of high toughness and high strength. This environmentally friendly material is also one of the preferred materials for high-end earphones.

6.jpg

Specification

Model: MoonLight

Driver: 10mm Bio-diaphragm dynamic + 4 Knowles independent balanced armature + 2 Sonion electrostatic units

Technology: 4 crossover + 4 independent tubes

Frequency response: 5Hz-50kHz

Impedance: 8Ω

Sensitivity: 118dB

Cable material: 4 strands graphene wrapped with silver-plated cable

Cable length: 1.2m

Connector: 2pin 0.78mm

Plug: 3.5mm

Purchase link:​

https://penonaudio.com/yanyin-moonlight-est.html

May 15, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #59 of 117
Just published my Smabat M3 Pro review. For only $11 more than the M Pro, this is a no-brainer for the added tuning damper options and much improved technicalities (as long as your source can handle the 150-ohm impedance). Highly recommended bright-neutral bud!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back