The PENON official thread
Nov 16, 2021 at 6:17 AM Post #3,556 of 13,534
I don't see why not you go for the Volts.
It may be a fallacy or not - but the Volts are "endgame" level in my book.
Comparing to the Orbs - better detail retrieval, more into macro and less into the micro (low level) details.
Detailed without calling attention to itself.
Right now, I love the est treble, how they render extension, sparkle and air.
The Bass is fantastic for me, I enjoyed them equally on ambient and edm.
There is proper holographic imaging and the scale of imaging is on the large side.
Lastly, there's the outstanding Mids, the Penon house that connects the bass and the highs to create a very hi-fi whole...
Can't go wrong with the dynamic Duo

IMG_20211116_150251.jpg

Nov 16, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #3,557 of 13,534
I revisited the Orb today after a while .And what a wonderful surprise it was. Such a wonderful tuning. I think my taste has changed with time and hearing many IEMs. The sound is so rich and relaxing and the bass is just excellent. I wonder what would be considered a direct upgrade in the Penon line up now if there's one?

Exactly. Adding to its appeal is its small profile which allows me to wear them to go to sleep. These are my go to Penon. I actually prefer these to all the other Penon offerings I have tried including Fan, Globe, and Volt. In fact, I sold my Volt. It was OK, but not $800 OK.

YMMV

Nov 16, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #3,558 of 13,534
Exactly. Adding to its appeal is its small profile which allows me to wear them to go to sleep. These are my go to Penon. I actually prefer these to all the other Penon offerings I have tried including Fan, Globe, and Volt. In fact, I sold my Volt. It was OK, but not $800 OK.

YMMV
Yeah ,they aren't the best all rounder but they sound so unique in my collection. I was thinking they are perfect just the way they are, a slightly fuzzy, warm timbre ,Vinyl like sound.

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #3,559 of 13,534
Nov 16, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #3,560 of 13,534
Nov 16, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #3,561 of 13,534
My noob ears have never heard a Tachjim unfortunately.

The Fan is tuned differently than what you would expect from Penon. it is more a v shaped signature but sounds more reference level in how it is tuned especially on a small amp. Gonna have to whip out my Fan and reacquaint myself to the Fan sound.

Will post an impression of them later on.

Nov 16, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #3,562 of 13,534
That is a good deal! How does the Fan compare to Tanchjim Hana 2021 or Oxygen?

I enjoy the FAN. Its warm with a good low end that reaches deep and has an overall dry tonality with a forward midrange and decent timbre. I feel a fairer comparison would be to Starfield/Aria level offerings. In other words, even though I haven't heard either the Hana or the Oxygen, I feel they would likely out perform the Fan, atleast on technicalities, just from what I've read.

Would be great to be proven wrong though!

Nov 16, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #3,563 of 13,534
That is a good deal! How does the Fan compare to Tanchjim Hana 2021 or Oxygen?
The FAN is totally different from the Hana 2021. I love the FAN for what it does (visceral bass and fantastic male vocals) but the Hana 2021 is superior for soundstage, instrument placement, female vocals, acoustic and electric guitars, etc. The FAN has more note weight that the Hana 2021. That is a boon and a liability. In my direct experience, with my library, the Hana 2021 ranks up with the Globe.

FWIW, here is my "review" playlist:

Nov 16, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #3,564 of 13,534
I see! I don't have a Penon IEM yet, but it sounds like the FAN isn't for me. My wallet is relieved!

Nov 16, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #3,566 of 13,534
Nov 16, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #3,568 of 13,534
@Penon
Penon Serial will be listed around a week.
Thanks for your reply! I know my words will have zero impact on the price but please allow this iem to be accessible to the general masses. I am a vocals fanatic and a person was recommending your earphones to me for this case in particular. I am intrigued about the triple DD along with your special mids nature and am just hoping it's one of those budget friendly iems. Of course you have a price and plan in mind but I am hoping it's nothing extravagant this time around. Sometimes companies definitely overprice iems since much lower priced ones have put them to shame from time to time even based on pure technicalities.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #3,569 of 13,534
@Penon

Thanks for your reply! I know my words will have zero impact on the price but please allow this iem to be accessible to the general masses. I am a vocals fanatic and a person was recommending your earphones to me for this case in particular. I am intrigued about the triple DD along with your special mids nature and am just hoping it's one of those budget friendly iems. Of course you have a price and plan in mind but I am hoping it's nothing extravagant this time around.
I too am hoping it’s priced accessibly. If you sign up to their mailing list on their website they occasionally send out small discounts on new IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back