The PENON official thread
Jun 19, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #2,807 of 13,538
522731B4-BE26-430C-BBB1-9033ADE0006B.jpeg
Penon Draco
I ain't afraid of no silver

———

Pure Silver Series : Draco Flagship HiFi Audiophile IEM Earphone Cable (Jade Limited Edtion)

Description
  • Because the jade is limited to 50pcs, so there is serial number on the cable.
Specification
  • Natural Jade Configuration
  • 16 shares pure silver braied cable
  • Jade configuration
  • Carbon fiber material plug and spillter
  • Gold-plated plug
  • Cable weight is 49g
NOTE: Please use it carefully because jade is easily damaged by collision.

Package
  • Penon Draco
  • Wooden case
The @Penon Draco is another excellent cable to go alongside the incredible Totem and OSG. I own all three and absolutely love them all. Cant wait for my Storm to arrive!

Jun 19, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #2,808 of 13,538
What's the price? And I can't find the Storm for sale on any of Penon's sites.

Price is 1199$, it's not up on the website but you can contact them to get it :wink:

Jun 21, 2021 at 6:06 AM Post #2,809 of 13,538
Screenshot_20210621-174902_cropped.png

All of their albums sound awesome with Globe. First and second albums are special though. Casually listening through my LG V20 with the Neutron Player.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #2,811 of 13,538
Finished my small PAC480 review: Penon PAC480 IEM Cable

Excellent review @KutuzovGambit

Sorry fellas, there's a tremendous back log in my submissions. Been wanting to issue my take on the Volt Totems, but still to no avail.
Part of my impressions is this very quick but permanent fix on those "sliding sliders". I strongly suggest using the genuine stuff i.e. Minnesota, U.S.A. made.
Using the hairy side of the Velcro, Simply cut to size as per the entire circumference of the interior side of the slider (w x l). use any tool, a flat micro screw driver perhaps to fasten in place the adhesive side of the Velcro onto the inner wall of the slider. it (the slider) will lock itself in place wherever you want. This fix is guaranteed, since i received this cable last month, I fixed it up, never lost its place ever since.
Hope this helps...

Totem.slider.3med.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #2,812 of 13,538
Excellent review @KutuzovGambit

Sorry fellas, there's a tremendous back log in my submissions. Been wanting to issue my take on the Volt Totems, but still to no avail.
Part of my impressions is this very quick but permanent fix on those "sliding sliders". I strongly suggest using the original stuff i.e. Minnesota, U.S.A. made.
Using the hairy side of the Velcro, Simply cut to size as per the entire circumference of the interior side of the slider (w x l). use any tool, a flat micro screw driver perhaps to fasten in place the adhesive side of the Velcro onto the inner wall of the slider. it (the slider) will lock itself in place wherever you want. This fix is guaranteed, since i received this cable last month, I fixed it up, never lost its place ever since.
Hope this helps...

Totem.slider.3med.jpg
Thanks, it was my first attempt doing a cable review.

Interesting mod for chin sliders, I will have to give it a shot...

Jun 21, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #2,813 of 13,538
Jun 22, 2021 at 2:43 AM Post #2,814 of 13,538
Thanks, it was my first attempt doing a cable review.

Interesting mod for chin sliders, I will have to give it a shot...

It is very informative...

Jun 23, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #2,815 of 13,538
New cable flagship Storm is in :)

00EF685B-9280-4C26-A095-4B1C2502AE53.jpeg
Blind purchase and I am quite happy with it, it’s not aiming at reference but rather a very organic and natural presentation with superb technicalities on top… it’s less punchy than Totem but very intoxicating and engaging and works superbly with Vision Ears Elysium and Tansio Mirai Spark for example

More in depth impressions later…

Jun 23, 2021 at 7:44 AM Post #2,816 of 13,538
I received mine yesterday too and those are exactly my findings so far as well. I’ve been looking for a perfect match for my EE Hero and I think the Storm is it (it’s an epic combo actually).

I find it quite refreshing in this seemingly endless race for cable transparency that @Penon have developed a TOTL cable that has a very deliberate warm, rich, organic (dare I say analogue) feel that really makes it pretty unique (at least, in my experience of cables) as well as retaining very high detail levels. I’m really looking forward to trying it out on more IEMs in the coming days and it makes me, by assumed association, very excited for what @Penon’s forthcoming TOTL IEM might present.

I’ve said it before and I say it again, @Penon are creating some amazing products at every price level and more serious audiophiles/head-fiers should really get to know their product line. The Volt and Globe (as well as the Totem, OSG and now Storm cables) are some of the best products I’ve listened to in the last 18 months and each have a very unique character that sets them apart in a very cluttered market.

Jun 23, 2021 at 7:55 AM Post #2,817 of 13,538
I received mine yesterday too and those are exactly my findings so far as well. I’ve been looking for a perfect match for my EE Hero and I think the Storm is it (it’s an epic combo actually).

I find it quite refreshing in this seemingly endless race for cable transparency that @Penon have developed a TOTL cable that has a very deliberate warm, rich, organic (dare I say analogue) feel that really makes it pretty unique (at least, in my experience of cables) as well as retaining very high detail levels. I’m really looking forward to trying it out on more IEMs in the coming days and it makes me, by assumed association, very excited for what @Penon’s forthcoming TOTL IEM might present.

I’ve said it before and I say it again, @Penon are creating some amazing products at every price level and more serious audiophiles/head-fiers should really get to know their product line. The Volt and Globe (as well as the Totem, OSG and now Storm cables) are some of the best products I’ve listened to in the last 18 months and each have a very unique character that sets them apart in a very cluttered market.
@KickAssChewGum can you compare storm with totem on Hero?
SP2000 would be a bit less meatier than M8, but i know your A&K plays in another league.
Are you testing Hero+Storm with SP2000?

Jun 23, 2021 at 8:04 AM Post #2,818 of 13,538
@KickAssChewGum can you compare storm with totem on Hero?
SP2000 would be a bit less meatier than M8, but i know your A&K plays in another league.
Are you testing Hero+Storm with SP2000?
Sorry, I forgot to add that most of my listening with the Storm so far has been with my N6ii(A02)/Cayin C9 combo.

Jun 23, 2021 at 9:40 AM Post #2,819 of 13,538

I see analogue, i hit like!
Seems the King of smooth & Technical has a great thing going on.
Congrats to the early owners...

Jun 23, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #2,820 of 13,538
This is just a shot in the dark here, but figured I'd ask: any chance someone here has tried a (any) Penon-made cable with the Sennheiser IE 900? Do the MMCX connectors Penon uses fit in the IE 900 sockets? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back