The PENON official thread
Jun 12, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #2,793 of 13,534
Jun 16, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #2,794 of 13,534
I finally got around to trying the ePro Horns with my FAN. Just like with the Globe, the Horns improve the soundstage and instrument placement taking the "humble" FAN up a notch or two in SQ. Maybe all Penon IEMs need to come stock with ePro Horns?

The FAN has become my go-to for violin and small ensembles. The Horns make it even more compelling for that niche.

My rotation has become the Globe for "active and attentive" listening for most music, except for violin and small ensembles (FAN). The ThieAudio Legacy 5 is my go-to for "passive" listening when I need to concentrate on work and have music in the background massaging my thoughts. The Globe and FAN capture my attention and won't let me think about my work.

Jun 16, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #2,795 of 13,534
I finally got around to trying the ePro Horns with my FAN. Just like with the Globe, the Horns improve the soundstage and instrument placement taking the "humble" FAN up a notch or two in SQ. Maybe all Penon IEMs need to come stock with ePro Horns?

The FAN has become my go-to for violin and small ensembles. The Horns make it even more compelling for that niche.

My rotation has become the Globe for "active and attentive" listening for most music, except for violin and small ensembles (FAN). The ThieAudio Legacy 5 is my go-to for "passive" listening when I need to concentrate on work and have music in the background massaging my thoughts. The Globe and FAN capture my attention and won't let me think about my work.
Lol
In Trance @ work eh...

Jun 17, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #2,796 of 13,534
The Penon PAC480 arrived together with the Rose QT9-MK2, I listened to the QT9 with stock cable (pure copper) for a while then threw on the PAC480 and was impressed by how it adds a bit of weight to the mids and smooths the treble, thereby increasing the coherence between the DD bass and the 4 BAs. It’s an extremely homogenous sound now (especially for a hybrid), not that it was bad before but the PAC480 ties the whole thing together really nicely.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #2,797 of 13,534
The Penon PAC480 arrived together with the Rose QT9-MK2, I listened to the QT9 with stock cable (pure copper) for a while then threw on the PAC480 and was impressed by how it adds a bit of weight to the mids and smooths the treble, thereby increasing the coherence between the DD bass and the 4 BAs. It’s an extremely homogenous sound now (especially for a hybrid), not that it was bad before but the PAC480 ties the whole thing together really nicely.

I think that this Rose is a really impressive iem, it already sounds better with average quality balanced cable. I'm really enjoying with fiio btr5 when on the go. Being a fan of Penon I find some pleasent traits that it shares with it's house sound :)

Jun 17, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #2,798 of 13,534
I think that this Rose is a really impressive iem, it already sounds better with average quality balanced cable. I'm really enjoying with fiio btr5 when on the go. Being a fan of Penon I find some pleasent traits that it shares with it's house sound :)
I fully agree, I did not expect to like it nearly this much. Compared to Penon’s house sound it is more delicate, less colored which means it’s not as weighty and euphoric, but in exchange it lays claim to great versatility and refinement. As I think @cqtek said in his review, Rose is a very appropriate name for this type of sonic presentation.

Jun 17, 2021 at 10:54 PM Post #2,799 of 13,534
DSC08223.JPG

My tool for watering the grass. My Shanling M3s which was easily one of Shanlings best DAPs of all time and Globes with ISN Solar. So much awesome. It has been extremely hot in Colorado where I live and watering the grass has never been more enjoyable.

Jun 18, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #2,800 of 13,534
The FAN, iTunes lossless, FiiO Q3, ePro Horns and

So beautiful and nuanced!

Then I listen to the same piece with the Globe and I enjoy a different experience of sublime beauty. Thank you, Penon, for making/tuning such wonderful IEMs!

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2021 at 5:16 AM Post #2,801 of 13,534
The FAN, iTunes lossless, FiiO Q3, ePro Horns and

So beautiful and nuanced!

Then I listen to the same piece with the Globe and I enjoy a different experience of sublime beauty. Thank you, Penon, for making/tuning such wonderful IEMs!
Thank you for your appreciation, I am glad that you like our products :wink: :kissing_heart:
:)

PENON Stay updated on PENON at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1221974387914138/ https://twitter.com/PenonAudio?s=09 https://www.instagram.com/penonaudio/ https://penonaudio.com/ penonaudio@hotmail.com
Jun 19, 2021 at 6:21 AM Post #2,802 of 13,534
So I went ahead and ordered myself Penon new cable flagship the Storm (announced here), blind purchase but given how I loved OSG and Totem I am quite sure this cable will rock! Value for money is always stellar and the specs are fairly impressive... this cable will play with the best no doubt!
  • TOTL flagship IEM cable
  • Gold, silver, copper, palladium mixed
  • 4 shares, 199 cores per share
  • Type-6 Litz configuration
  • Gold-plated copper plug
  • Gold-plated copper + carbon fiber plug accessories
Stay tuned for impressions :)

Jun 19, 2021 at 7:25 AM Post #2,804 of 13,534
So I went ahead and ordered myself Penon new cable flagship the Storm (announced here), blind purchase but given how I loved OSG and Totem I am quite sure this cable will rock! Value for money is always stellar and the specs are fairly impressive... this cable will play with the best no doubt!
  • TOTL flagship IEM cable
  • Gold, silver, copper, palladium mixed
  • 4 shares, 199 cores per share
  • Type-6 Litz configuration
  • Gold-plated copper plug
  • Gold-plated copper + carbon fiber plug accessories
Stay tuned for impressions :)
I ordered the Storm as a blind buy too for exactly the same reasons. It's arriving on Monday and I cant wait!

Jun 19, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #2,805 of 13,534
522731B4-BE26-430C-BBB1-9033ADE0006B.jpeg

Penon Draco
I ain't afraid of no silver

———

Pure Silver Series : Draco Flagship HiFi Audiophile IEM Earphone Cable (Jade Limited Edtion)

Description
  • Because the jade is limited to 50pcs, so there is serial number on the cable.
Specification
  • Natural Jade Configuration
  • 16 shares pure silver braied cable
  • Jade configuration
  • Carbon fiber material plug and spillter
  • Gold-plated plug
  • Cable weight is 49g
NOTE: Please use it carefully because jade is easily damaged by collision.

Package
  • Penon Draco
  • Wooden case

Users who are viewing this thread

Back