The PENON official thread
May 21, 2021 at 10:14 PM Post #2,626 of 13,536
Wow! That's a significant improvement for the overall performance. Glad they now come with ePro tips. Can't wait to listen to them once they arrive. Thanks for the input.
You are welcome. My impressions are fully subjective. Though my tastes run askew to most audiophiles (musicalities over technicalities), I think you will find the Globe a force to be recognized with at its price point.

May 21, 2021 at 10:46 PM Post #2,627 of 13,536
You are welcome. My impressions are fully subjective. Though my tastes run askew to most audiophiles (musicalities over technicalities), I think you will find the Globe a force to be recognized with at its price point.

Same side of the fence here. I tend to favor musicality over technicality most of the time. My listening sessions usually last quite long so warm and well textured signature is more favorable. I get fatigued easily with gears that are generally bright in signature.

May 21, 2021 at 10:57 PM Post #2,628 of 13,536
Same side of the fence here. I tend to favor musicality over technicality most of the time. My listening sessions usually last quite long so warm and well textured signature is more favorable. I get fatigued easily with gears that are generally bright in signature.
I find that the ThieAudio Legacy 5 fits that description very well. For female vocals,notably singer/songwriter genres I think the L5 is a top consideration for bang ro the buck. I think ithere is nothing that beats the Globe for male vocals.
I have many headphones/IEMs but nothing can come close to touching the Globe for this song:

Last edited:
May 22, 2021 at 4:37 AM Post #2,629 of 13,536
Anyone tried cable rolling on the Globe? Which kind of material do they benefit from the most, if they do benefit at all? I have mine coming in a few days.
To maintain Globe’s sound signature, I only tried spc but always went back to stock as I find the synergy and balance just right. Upgraded spc does improve musicality quite a bit but not what I was looking for as I favor a 50/50 balance or close to that. I hope the Mix would be a true upgrade to the stock cable which I’m eyeing at the moment.

May 22, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #2,630 of 13,536
To maintain Globe’s sound signature, I only tried spc but always went back to stock as I find the synergy and balance just right. Upgraded spc does improve musicality quite a bit but not what I was looking for as I favor a 50/50 balance or close to that. I hope the Mix would be a true upgrade to the stock cable which I’m eyeing at the moment.

Higher quality materials most definitely improve sonics, but that also depends whether the outcome will fit the user's preference or there will be enough changes for the user to hear. I guess I'll just have to try the stock first, burn them in good, then try some other cables. Let's hope the Mix becomes an upgrade for you if ever you decide to get them.

May 22, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #2,631 of 13,536
Anyone tried cable rolling on the Globe? Which kind of material do they benefit from the most, if they do benefit at all? I have mine coming in a few days.

i tried, using the os849. i coupled back the stock cables. instead. i rolled w/ the tips.
The Epros got the best results, #2 on the s.dots++
IMG_20210414_211342.jpg

May 22, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #2,632 of 13,536
I find that the ThieAudio Legacy 5 fits that description very well. For female vocals,notably singer/songwriter genres I think the L5 is a top consideration for bang ro the buck. I think ithere is nothing that beats the Globe for male vocals.
I have many headphones/IEMs but nothing can come close to touching the Globe for this song:

i see the Smiths, i liked lols...

May 22, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #2,634 of 13,536
Higher quality materials most definitely improve sonics, but that also depends whether the outcome will fit the user's preference or there will be enough changes for the user to hear. I guess I'll just have to try the stock first, burn them in good, then try some other cables. Let's hope the Mix becomes an upgrade for you if ever you decide to get them.
Totally agree, though there’s marked improvement especially in the low and mid region but it also took away some of that air making the overall sound less vivid. If a listener prefer a rich and smooth kind of sound I think this pairing will be to right up their alley. I’m still surprised the stock cable is the most balanced amongst the few I’ve tried as I thought to myself this can’t be right! Next I intend to test the globe with a neutral source to ascertain a reference point if I should get a hybrid silver copper or pure silver. Still eyeing on the Mix…

May 22, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #2,635 of 13,536
i tried, using the os849. i coupled back the stock cables. instead. i rolled w/ the tips.
The Epros got the best results, #2 on the s.dots++
I paired mine with Cema MS for a while but didn’t quite work out at the end, went straight back to stock and it sings again. I haven’t got my hands on the ePro yet but mostly definitely soon. As for tips, I’ve great results with Sedna or even the wide bored tips from Fan, both sounded airy and open with Sedna having a slight edge.

May 22, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #2,636 of 13,536
Those are exactly the same ePros that now come with the Globe?
Yes, they are. You're in for a treat! As previously posted, "my toes are in the flagship lounge" is not an exaggeration, but a true statement to what these Globes are...

May 22, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #2,638 of 13,536
May 22, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #2,639 of 13,536
What did you do?
took both metal guards off and filled with a low density foam (white) inside the nozzle tube and a high density (dark grey) foam inside the bass port.

Bass is obviously nowhere near the W+ reflex system but more controlled now.

Sent a message to Penon to source or develop a bass driver similar to the W+ subwoofers lol. I will blind buy if they retain Penon house sound with more resolving bass driver.

Last edited:
May 22, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #2,640 of 13,536

Users who are viewing this thread

Back