The PENON official thread
Aug 3, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #466 of 13,527
Aug 4, 2020 at 4:08 AM Post #467 of 13,527
IMG_20200804_015250_974.jpg

Can't help myself from listening daily with the Orb. Rediscovering my music collection is a lot of fun with it. 😎

Aug 4, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #468 of 13,527
1596470353121.png
"Porcelain", "Everloving"
Started cable break - in, 100 hrs. as recommended...

IMG_20200804_215833.jpgIMG_20200804_220805.jpg
Double breaking in for cables on-going...

Aug 6, 2020 at 6:34 PM Post #469 of 13,527
I have been listening Penon Orb for 2 weeks and I can easily say that I really like what I’ve heard. The sound quality is great, and I had a hard time to criticise at its price tag. The treble isn't bright but they stretch well enough to provide hear micro details. Mid is textured, bodied and vocal performance is great. Black Coffee, Msaki - Wish You Were Here. I recommend you to listen this track with Orb. Basses are perhaps the most favorite and exciting part of Orb in my taste. The bass goes very deep, the texture and detail level are extremely good. Nowadays, Penon and ISN Audio makes very good earphones in terms of price performance, and it seems that these fellas will sweat competitors with their sound performance.

Aug 6, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #470 of 13,527
I have been listening Penon Orb for 2 weeks and I can easily say that I really like what I’ve heard. The sound quality is great, and I had a hard time to criticise at its price tag. The treble isn't bright but they stretch well enough to provide hear micro details. Mid is textured, bodied and vocal performance is great. Black Coffee, Msaki - Wish You Were Here. I recommend you to listen this track with Orb. Basses are perhaps the most favorite and exciting part of Orb in my taste. The bass goes very deep, the texture and detail level are extremely good. Nowadays, Penon and ISN Audio makes very good earphones in terms of price performance, and it seems that these fellas will sweat competitors with their sound performance.

These comments, coming from you, is a true testament huh? We've had/have good mids/vocals in our stable of iems.

Say folks, which of the two (this+isn) is more forgiving of less ideal rock recordings? Looking for a beater cause my precious gems need to stay home. Tia

Aug 6, 2020 at 9:06 PM Post #471 of 13,527
These comments, coming from you, is a true testament huh? We've had/have good mids/vocals in our stable of iems.

Say folks, which of the two (this+isn) is more forgiving of less ideal rock recordings? Looking for a beater cause my precious gems need to stay home. Tia

I’ve also IT01 for 2 years and its vocal performance is not as good as Orb.

Let me listen some rock tracks and let you now in couple of days. If there is any specific song that want me to test it let me know.

Aug 7, 2020 at 12:24 AM Post #473 of 13,527
@ehjie who makes that adaper for your pc or what appears to be a pc input jack or usb. Looks slick.
IMG_20200807_081720.jpgIMG_20200807_081736.jpg

Thanks @Darkestred. i bought from Carrefour long time back. The dual mini jack's made by Oshtraco, same Co. as heavy duty extension cords, fluo. light bulbs, etc...

Aug 7, 2020 at 1:58 AM Post #475 of 13,527

That's a nice track reco, man. Thanks! Listening now with my Orb.

Aug 12, 2020 at 8:20 AM Post #476 of 13,527
Aug 12, 2020 at 8:47 AM Post #477 of 13,527
Aug 12, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #478 of 13,527
Through a combination of burn-in (maybe) and tip/cable rolling my ORB are sounding much more balanced, spacious and detailed than they did out of the box. I've always liked them, but my main initial criticism, that they were a little too weighted towards the lower mids, is gone. Really enjoying the music right now going between these, the IT00, and my newly acquired e5000. 🙂

Aug 12, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #479 of 13,527
Nice review! I felt the same after I got mine.

Anyway, I see that you also have the ISN H40. Maybe you can add in a short comparison between both of them. I know other people already pitched in but another one won't hurt and would be much appreciated. : )
Indeed...... You have a point here....
Nevertheless I thought it would not be a fair comparison for the orbs man.....
That's because H40 is my all time favorite iem (since the first listen straight out of the box) and believe me, if I was to say in public what I feel between those two....
Well..... It would end up like promoting H40 against the Orbs....
That's mainly the reason why I choosed not to bring up or even mention H40's performance compared to the Orb's
I completely adore H40's signature and I wouldn't changed that not even for far more expensive or brand name Iems....
Not a chance....
THE Orbs are a gem indeed for what they are capable of doing with their two driver implementation but I really thought mainly because of my love and addiction of the H40 sound, that a comparison between them would eventually discourage most of the readers there in buying the Orbs when those could easily get H40 for less money..... That is the only truth.... :thinking:
Anyways.... to answer your question (always IMHO) H40 feels like getting two 3-way speakers stucked in your ears
There is a certain "wow" factor in there, with expanded Soundstage and much more weight in each and every note
Smooth as velvet, vast as an ocean, the kind of sound that grabs your heart and soul forever...just like a serein does
A total all-rounder....
That's how much I appreciate their sound and even if I have spent a lot more money in the past for a pair of Iems I believe that ISN H40 soundwise could easily fit into the 400$ to 500$ category

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #480 of 13,527
Indeed...... You have a point here....
Nevertheless I thought it would not be a fair comparison for the orbs man.....
That's because H40 is my all time favorite iem (since the first listen straight out of the box) and believe me, if I was to say in public what I feel between those two....
Well..... It would end up like promoting H40 against the Orbs....
That's mainly the reason why I choosed not to bring up or even mention H40's performance compared to the Orb's
I completely adore H40's signature and I wouldn't changed that not even for far more expensive or brand name Iems....
Not a chance....
THE Orbs are a gem indeed for what they are capable of doing with their two driver implementation but I really thought mainly because of my love and addiction of the H40 sound, that a comparison between them would eventually discourage most of the readers there in buying the Orbs when those could easily get H40 for less money..... That is the only truth.... :thinking:
I agree with you. I really like the orbs. They are well worth the money. But the H40 are a couple of levels above. That's on a personal level and the music I listen to I connect more emotionally with the H40 than the Orbs. Two great iems for a very decent price

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back