pencil fi?
Apr 28, 2012 at 5:06 AM Post #422 of 460
Don't worry too much. I think my package did the same thing for about a week and a half or two weeks. Then suddenly, it was at my door. Even though tracking said it was in LA.

*shrug*

Apr 29, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #423 of 460
Same here! On the 10th day, it just arrived. No updates from USPS, but what ever, I got the rotring and I love it! I've started writing things down just for an excuse to use it, I love the look, the feel and the smoothness (due to the weight).

It definitely shows off an engineering workplace, great for me. and in that matte black finish, it goes well with my lenovo laptop!

Apr 30, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #424 of 460
It's my own little Pentel family reunion! 
biggrin.gif

(From top to bottom: .3mm B Stein Lead, .3mm Graph 1000, 2X .5mm PS315, .5mm GraphGear 1000, .5mm B Stein Lead)

May 1, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #425 of 460
I have a P205 that I have used for years, so much that the tip is bronzed (I grip it at the tip). Two Zebra M204, that I'm not a huge fan of, but I use them now with coloured lead for work with signals (overlapping signals, easy to read).

How is the GraphGear? and the 0.3 lead, do you use that for writing at all? or just graph work.

May 1, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #426 of 460
Quote:
How is the GraphGear? and the 0.3 lead, do you use that for writing at all? or just graph work.

I got my GraphGear a while before the Graph 1000. When I first got it (GraphGear), I thought it was the greatest pencil ever to walk the Earth! I used it to write with, draw, do technical sketches, and everything else in between. Fast forward to more recently when I got my Graph 1000. Even though it only has a plastic body, and was less expensive, I actually find the Graph 1000 better for drafting. I believe that the 0.3mm helps this along with the fixed tip. The retractable design of the GraphGear is wonderful for carrying it around, but it gives the tip the slightest bit of wobble. I still prefer the GraphGear for general writing, but for drafting, my Graph 1000 has taken over! 

And to answer your other question, yes I do use the Graph .3mm for general writing too, the lines it makes are wonderfully thin and I personally haven't had any issues with lead breaking.

May 7, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #428 of 460
If anyone needs another +1 for the Rotring 600, I'll add to it. 

I abso-friggin-lutely love it. It's my first entry into pencil-fi, and I don't really want any others (except maybe more of these in different lead sizes :wink:  )

It makes writing extensive problems a breeze. 

I also bought a Boxy eraser. Pure sorcery, that thing is.

May 7, 2012 at 6:50 AM Post #429 of 460
If anyone needs another +1 for the Rotring 600, I'll add to it. 

I abso-friggin-lutely love it. It's my first entry into pencil-fi, and I don't really want any others (except maybe more of these in different lead sizes :wink:  )

It makes writing extensive problems a breeze. 

I also bought a Boxy eraser. Pure sorcery, that thing is.

My girlfriend doesn't understand the magic that is the Boxy eraser. She's crazy! I'm going to buy another 10 just to spite her.

May 7, 2012 at 6:51 AM Post #430 of 460
I have enjoyed the Pilot Rexgrip series of pencils since the beginning of university. Is there anything high end that compares? They are the smoothest writing, most comfortable pencil I have ever used. I enjoy the thick barrel and how it feels in my hand.

http://davesmechanicalpencils.blogspot.ca/2007/06/pilot-rexgrip-and-pilot-rexgrip-begreen.html

May 7, 2012 at 7:56 AM Post #431 of 460
I can't comment on that, but I pencil I used to use is the Zebra M402, the reason I disliked it was b/c it was quite bulky around the grip - to each their own, as this is the engineering pencil of choice at my school. They do write very smooth though, and the weight is nice.

http://www.amazon.com/Zebras-Stainless-Mechanical-Pencil-59210AMZ/dp/B001CRS4GW

At Staples they are sold 2 for 20$ in Canada. Maybe worth a shot if you are looking to try something new.

Jun 22, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #434 of 460
I have a Rotring 600 set that I received as a gift over 20 years ago from my Aunt. It includes a pencil and ball point pen. I don't use the pen but the pencil is used daily at the office. I'm a drafter by trade. I wish it were .5mm rather than .7mm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back