Pen Spinning. (woo)
Mar 27, 2006 at 9:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

themanster

Head-Fier
So is anyone here a hardcore pen spinner?
icon10.gif
I only started like about a month ago, and now I can do thumbaround, medium speed fingerpass, sonice from pinky to ring finger, and infinity. For those of you who have no idea what I just said visit http://pentrix.com.

Yes I know, I need to get a life, but I spend lots of time seated at a desk each day, listening to teachers, and I gotta do something to keep myself occupied right?
tongue.gif

Mar 27, 2006 at 9:56 AM Post #2 of 33
I've tried that stuff before, but the last time I tried the pen flew out of my hand and hit my eyebrow.. yeah, I could have lost an eye. I'm still traumatized and haven't done it since.
eek.gif

Mar 27, 2006 at 6:53 PM Post #7 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanY
Serious question... are there any non-Asian people who do this? When I was in college, it seemed to really be confined to a particular demographic.

haha, that is what i was thinking..i am non asian and i do it. there is really nothing else to do when in class.

but i was taught by an asian
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 27, 2006 at 6:54 PM Post #8 of 33
Quote:

Serious question... are there any non-Asian people who do this? When I was in college, it seemed to really be confined to a particular demographic.

I do it. I am an engineer though.

Mar 27, 2006 at 7:10 PM Post #9 of 33
Quote:

Sure. I have seen some.

We might need an Asian awareness thread here just in case.

Mar 27, 2006 at 7:23 PM Post #11 of 33
I learned it from a Vietnamese kid like 14 years ago in 10th grade. I am Puerto Rican.

Mar 27, 2006 at 7:29 PM Post #12 of 33
i've been a thumb-spinner for as long as i can remember, and i don't even know how i learned (and no i'm not asian). i've always just thought it was a nervous tic. i remember the debate team kids used to do it, maybe i picked it up from them?

Mar 27, 2006 at 7:41 PM Post #13 of 33
Just a reminder guys, whatever is said in this thread, stays in this thread. For your own well-being.

Mar 27, 2006 at 9:08 PM Post #14 of 33
I can do the thumbaround one, other than that, I can only do the other stuff in my dreams...
Slade

Users who are viewing this thread

Back