1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning]

First

Back
115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124
126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135
Next

Last
  1. Tsujigiri
    Quote:

I believe they're hand-blown as well. They're actually not very expensive in Japan; they just cost more here because they're for the domestic market. I wonder if the same is true of J Herbin's inks. Both lines have some great colors that are subtly nuanced and not seen elsewhere.

2. proton007
    Quote:

Well, the Metropolitan is slightly longer, and is heavier, meaning it has a certain weight to it like the Parker. The outer surface is has a soft touch to it, and its not hard/glossy like the others.

The nibs look similar, while the Prera has "Pilot Super Quality" inscribed on it, the Metropolitan says "Pilot Japan". I'm guessing the material of the nibs is different, otherwise I don't understand the price difference.

I asked the shop salesperson for extra nibs for the Metropolitan, and he was [​IMG]. Why would you want a nib for a $20 pen? 

3. jay-w

I find buying ink samples a great way to try out an ink before forking out for a bottle.

4. Tangster
    Quote:
    Thanks. It's the newer fat(although still better that a lot of 3/4" fatties) Century II. I picked one up today.

5. attika89

Quote:
    Thank you, both good pens! I've read the nibs are the same on them besides the different imprints. Pilot doesn't sell separate nibs, only nib sections for the Custom 74 (ebay) and Vanishing Point as I know.

Quote:
    Yes that might be the way. It seems I can get a Ku-jaku with a Custom 92...I have a few blue inks though, not sure if I need an other one [​IMG]

6. Tsujigiri
    The iridium tip material and tuning of the nibs could be different, accounting for the price difference.

7. proton007
    Quote:

Yeah, I'm hoping thats the case, otherwise something's wrong with Pilot's pricing strategy.

The Metropolitan from what I've read has a brass barrel. It also has a squeeze filler and comes in a nice case.

The Prera, on the other hand, is still plastic, comes in a cheapish disposable pack, and needs a separate filler.

8. IcedTea
    Do you guys know any good places to order notebooks/paper from?

I'm trying to find fp friendly books that won't hurt the wallet too much :frowning2: 

9. Silent One
  10. dallan Contributor
    Heavy and strong.  The most solid pen i have ever imagined.  The TiBolt.  All Titanium, except for cartridge and spring.
    t. Photoon2013-04-23at18.02.jpg

11. Silent One
    I'd like to pick that up in my hands and hold it... even before dinner.

12. proton007
    Quote:

What kind of paper are you looking for? If you just want plain paper, you can buy a ream of good quality paper (like the ones used for color printing). Its the most cost effective.

Otherwise, you can buy lined paper in packs of 50/100 and use them with a ring binder.

Notebooks are always slightly expensive.

13. proton007
    Ok, a question for all the fountain pen aficionados, does any of you practice/use the Spencerian style?
    If yes, what pens/nibs do you use?

14. jay-w
    Quote:

I just received an order for a Rhodia Webbie A5, Dot-Grid A5 pad and the Grid A5 as well. I bought them from http://www.cultpens.com. 

Clairefontaine and Leuchtturm are pretty good with fountain pens as well.

15. Silent One
    [​IMG]

First

Back
115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124
126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135
Next

Last