Pearl Jam - "Ten" Re-issue in 09
Feb 16, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by scott_d_m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are 4 variations of this future release. The one the OP posted is about the 4th one which would be the super deluxe variant.

4. Super Deluxe Edition (2-disc set plus DVD, 4 LPs and replica cassette in linen-covered, slip-cased clamshell box):
· Disc 1: original Ten tracklisting digitally remastered (original mix)
· Disc 2: original Ten tracklisting digitally remastered and remixed by Brendan O’Brien, plus six bonus tracks: “Brother,” “Just a Girl,” “State of Love and Trust,” “Breath and a Scream,” “2,000 Mile Blues” and “Evil Little Goat”
· DVD of Pearl Jam’s previously unreleased 1992 MTV Unplugged performance including never before seen bonus performance of “Oceans” with 5.1 surround sound audio remix
· LP 1: original Ten tracklisting remastered for vinyl
· LP 2: original Ten tracklisting remastered for vinyl and remixed by Brendan O’Brien
· LP 3 & 4: Drop in the Park – Live at Magnuson Park in Seattle on September 20, 1992 (audio mixed by Brendan O’Brien)
· Cassette: replica of original “Momma-Son” Pearl Jam demo cassette featuring “Alive,” “Once” and “Footsteps”
· Package also includes an Eddie Vedder-style composition notebook filled with replica personal notes, images and mementos from the collections of Eddie Vedder and Jeff Ament, a vellum envelope with replicated era-specific ephemera from Pearl Jam’s early work and a two-sided print commemorating the Drop in the Park concert.re release

51Y9QvkORUL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

This is just an amazing amount of extra material devoted to a single album, how did they come up with all this extra stuff?
normal_smile .gif

I might be in the market for 2CD legacy edition of PJ Ten to get the 6 bonus tracks, but will probably wait and buy used.

Feb 16, 2009 at 4:27 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsaliga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What?
confused.gif
That has to be some of the most tortured logic I've seen on this forum. Methinks you have exploit confused with coerce. I never said fans were coerced into buying anything.

In any event, you are all entitled to your opinions and we will just have to agree to disagree.

--Jerome

Aw, come on! I've seen far worse! Such hyperbole!

However, you are right. I went too far when I suggested coercion. The negative usage of exploit suggests preying on others for your own selfish gain. My point was I don't think the band is doing that.

It's fine to disagree. You stated your view. I stated mine.
beerchug.gif

Feb 16, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #19 of 23
I heard Pearl Jam were going to release a 'North American' version which consists of a different album for each of the US 52 states, Canada's 10 provinces and 3 territories, and Mexico's 31 states. The difference between the discs is each disc will contain a unique previously unreleased 'bonus' song. So there will be 96 flavours of CDs upon initial release. A few months later they plan to do the same for an African, Australian, European & Asian version.

Get your wallets out!

Or I could be wrong.
wink.gif

Feb 19, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #22 of 23
I'm with Dark Angel on this one...wait until it floats into the used bin somewhere. I don't see anything that Pearl Jam could release along with a reissued "Ten" that could be of serious interest to anyone but dedicated band fans, and I tuned out on them after "Vs."

Feb 19, 2009 at 8:56 AM Post #23 of 23
Well my original copy is lost, though I might have a chance to recover it I found out. Anyways, hopefully it will be worth it. It'll be nice to see unplugged too, I haven't seen it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back