Pearl Jam - "Ten" Re-issue in 09
Dec 16, 2008 at 9:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

yeahx

500+ Head-Fier
There is going to be a new mix and the original mix available and 4 deluxe versions. There is a super duper deluxe box to pre order for $140 I think it was. This is part of a 2 year re issue of their catalogue. I might have some of this wrong. I just came in and noticed no one posted anything yet and thought I should share. I didn't see that much info about this but maybe there is more out there that others could add.
smily_headphones1.gif
I lost my copy when I moved a few years ago so Im pretty interested. Oh yeah also Unplugged is coming to DVD!

Dec 16, 2008 at 10:27 AM Post #2 of 23
Might have welcomed it back in the day... but seriously, what a bunch of sellout money grabbing yesterdays!

Dec 16, 2008 at 11:08 PM Post #5 of 23
Is it the

Super deluxe mega uber Edition with Rare pictures and unreleased notes from Eddie Vedders 7th grade notebooks with never released bonus songs and rare liner notes with new artwork by original artwork artist with free backstage pass for bonus downloads of alternate mix of "Even flow" remastered digitally in 24bit with gold and platinum with premium packaging.

EDIT: Just checked their site, I was close
smily_headphones1.gif
Just forgot to add the bonus DVD with 5.1 bit!

Dec 16, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #6 of 23
There are 4 variations of this future release. The one the OP posted is about the 4th one which would be the super deluxe variant.

4. Super Deluxe Edition (2-disc set plus DVD, 4 LPs and replica cassette in linen-covered, slip-cased clamshell box):
· Disc 1: original Ten tracklisting digitally remastered (original mix)
· Disc 2: original Ten tracklisting digitally remastered and remixed by Brendan O’Brien, plus six bonus tracks: “Brother,” “Just a Girl,” “State of Love and Trust,” “Breath and a Scream,” “2,000 Mile Blues” and “Evil Little Goat”
· DVD of Pearl Jam’s previously unreleased 1992 MTV Unplugged performance including never before seen bonus performance of “Oceans” with 5.1 surround sound audio remix
· LP 1: original Ten tracklisting remastered for vinyl
· LP 2: original Ten tracklisting remastered for vinyl and remixed by Brendan O’Brien
· LP 3 & 4: Drop in the Park – Live at Magnuson Park in Seattle on September 20, 1992 (audio mixed by Brendan O’Brien)
· Cassette: replica of original “Momma-Son” Pearl Jam demo cassette featuring “Alive,” “Once” and “Footsteps”
· Package also includes an Eddie Vedder-style composition notebook filled with replica personal notes, images and mementos from the collections of Eddie Vedder and Jeff Ament, a vellum envelope with replicated era-specific ephemera from Pearl Jam’s early work and a two-sided print commemorating the Drop in the Park concert.re release

I'm considering putting myself on the pre-order list for this...maybe.

Dec 16, 2008 at 11:47 PM Post #7 of 23
That looks like it's strictly for the die hard groupie.

Dec 17, 2008 at 12:08 AM Post #8 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it the

Super deluxe mega uber Edition with Rare pictures and unreleased notes from Eddie Vedders 7th grade notebooks with never released bonus songs and rare liner notes with new artwork by original artwork artist with free backstage pass for bonus downloads of alternate mix of "Even flow" remastered digitally in 24bit with gold and platinum with premium packaging.

EDIT: Just checked their site, I was close
smily_headphones1.gif
Just forgot to add the bonus DVD with 5.1 bit!

Hahahahahahahaha!!! Can't stop laughing 'cause you're right, jilgil!

Feb 15, 2009 at 12:47 PM Post #9 of 23
There will be a more reasonably priced Deluxe Edition for $31.99

Amazon.com: Ten (Deluxe Edition) (2CD/1 DVD): Pearl Jam: Music

If done right the remix might be interesting. As much as I love the music on this album I was never impressed with the mix or the mastering of the original.

While I agree that the band has gone off the deep end on the commercial side of things, I would welcome a version of Ten that actually sounded good.

--Jerome

Feb 15, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #10 of 23
Not sure, how Pearl Jam has gone off the deep end. They just give their fans (who are the most rabid, devoted fans I've met) what they want. Personally I would never spend $140 on a Pearl Jam record, but I'm just a casual fan of theirs.

Feb 15, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #11 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by QRanc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure, how Pearl Jam has gone off the deep end. They just give their fans (who are the most rabid, devoted fans I've met) what they want.

I disagree. They aren't giving fans what they want...they are exploiting fan loyalty with what they think they can sell -- knowing they already got the fanboy who just has to own every piece of insipid stage banter in existence.

Fan loyalty doesn't justify what is happening here. There are plenty of bands that have just as loyal a following...but you don't see those groups with nearly 100 live recordings for sale (of essentially the same stuff over and over again). And all of this from a group that at the time only had 7 albums worth of original material. It's a joke, and the joke is on the fans.

It might be different if we were talking about a jam band like The Grateful Dead where a lof their live shows offered fresh interpretations of their classic material or the performances featured a lot of improvising -- but Pearl Jam is not that kind of band. How many sound-a-like performances of Even Flow does one really need?

--Jerome

Feb 16, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsaliga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I disagree. They aren't giving fans what they want...they are exploiting fan loyalty with what they think they can sell -- knowing they already got the fanboy who just has to own every piece of insipid stage banter in existence.

Fan loyalty doesn't justify what is happening here. There are plenty of bands that have just as loyal a following...but you don't see those groups with nearly 100 live recordings for sale (of essentially the same stuff over and over again). And all of this from a group that at the time only had 7 albums worth of original material. It's a joke, and the joke is on the fans.

It might be different if we were talking about a jam band like The Grateful Dead where a lof their live shows offered fresh interpretations of their classic material or the performances featured a lot of improvising -- but Pearl Jam is not that kind of band. How many sound-a-like performances of Even Flow does one really need?

--Jerome

... the smart fans just don't buy it.

Feb 16, 2009 at 3:00 PM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsaliga /img/forum/go_quote.gif

--Jerome

I don't agree they are exploiting fans. To say that you have to believe they are explicitly attempting to take advantage of fans for the cynical purpose of filling their pockets with money. I don't think the band is doing that. In a similar vein, I don't think fans were being exploited when the Beatle's Anthology series and Live at the BBC CDs were released. Those fans who want those things happily chose to have them by spending their money. No one is forced to do so however.

I do agree with you that the many releases by Pearl Jam aren't worth the money. To each their own, but I have no interest in those. On this remaster of Ten, I guess I have a wait and see attitude. I always liked the original, so I have no pent up desire for a better version of that.

Feb 16, 2009 at 3:24 PM Post #15 of 23
What?
confused.gif
That has to be some of the most tortured logic I've seen on this forum. Methinks you have exploit confused with coerce. I never said fans were coerced into buying anything.

In any event, you are all entitled to your opinions and we will just have to agree to disagree.

--Jerome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back