PDX Portland Oregon Meet Summer 2008
Jul 31, 2008 at 11:08 AM Post #16 of 42
If anyone else is on the fence about coming, please do. I know we audiophiles come off as elitist ******** sometimes, but I promise you we will not bite your head off. Unless maybe you are a Bose representative...
smily_headphones1.gif

The point of these meets is to audition other peoples gear and mingle with people who share your interests, so feel free to ask for a listen.

Edit: 100th post. Cool.

Jul 31, 2008 at 11:32 AM Post #17 of 42
Instead of Bose, why not get ALO to come - they're not too from Riverplace.

Jul 31, 2008 at 4:22 PM Post #18 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by trickywombat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Instead of Bose, why not get ALO to come - they're not too from Riverplace.

Excellent idea. I just sent a PM to Ken.

Jul 31, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #19 of 42
you know that I have never heard Bose headphones , a friend owned their original series 9 speakers which could really reproduce the concert hall experience. I wonder how many other folk are in a similar position where BOSE is considered "mass market" / "trendy" / "etc" and not HeadFi
smily_headphones1.gif
..dB

Jul 31, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #20 of 42
well, I accidentally replied to the wrong thread originally, but let's give this another go...

I haven't heard bose headphones in a long time, but I remember being wholly unimpressed by the triports (esp for the price). The QC3s have gained some popularity in the wide world lately, probably due to all the advertising. Most everyone I know who doesn't know what head-fi is (aka, people who have known me long enough
wink.gif
), believe the bose is the pinnacle of what you can buy in consumer headphones. It's a shame really, but at the same time, I rarely see anyone in the store at pioneer.
biggrin.gif

Aug 9, 2008 at 9:05 PM Post #24 of 42
In terms of gear I will probably bring the following:

Headphones
AD2000
SA-5000

Amps
Larocco PRII w/ 8620
RSA HR-2

Source:
Laptop w/ M-Audio Transit > CI Audio VDA-2 w/ PSU
500GB of FLAC
Oppo 980 DVD-A/SACD Player.

I could bring my EMU 0404USB as well if anyone is interested. Not sure if the linux drivers are functional at this point but I do have a windows xp partition too.

Aug 11, 2008 at 11:13 PM Post #25 of 42
If everything goes well I will be bringing in my Elektor Audio DAC 2000 as an additional source.

Also will bring in my trusty portables, Maximo IM-390 IEMs.

Aug 11, 2008 at 11:50 PM Post #26 of 42
I should have a zero DAC and DT770's arrived and somewhat burned in by the time the meet comes around, but I don't have anything portable that outputs optical or digital coax. Anyone that could bring an extra laptop or something that has digital out and I'd be happy to bring them
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 15, 2008 at 11:19 PM Post #27 of 42
Just a quick note that we're confirmed for the 23rd at the RAC.

The time will be 11am to 3pm (not 10am to 2pm as previously mentioned).

Anyone from Seattle or wherever, please think about coming down too!

Aug 17, 2008 at 4:46 AM Post #29 of 42
I have my Elektor Audio DAC2000 working. I will be bringing it along with my Onkyo DV-S717 to use as source. It gels very very well with the HD580s.
580smile.gif

I have an extra optical cable for anyone who wants to use it as well.

My Scott NIxon DAC however is not working. It might have to do with the battery conking out. Will try to fix it and bring it along as well.

Cheers,
Sachu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back