PCIe Soundcard recommandations
Mar 4, 2011 at 1:36 AM Post #32 of 42
i think ur stx is fine its an all in one audio solution..

you can drive most headphones out there including the hd 650 and akg 701

you can connect stereo rca out into an integrated amp and bookshelve speakers

you can switch those setups in literally one second via computer and the dac on the stx is not paid as well ive compared it to the wolfson 4871 

i dont think u really need to connect ur coppers to the pc just connect it to an pmp like ipod

Mar 4, 2011 at 1:39 AM Post #33 of 42

Quote:
Well i think i can still change it if you tell me what would hve been a better model.

I would've started by asking what gear you have, speakers, headphones, computer OS, what do you listen to, if music, games, movies, among a few other things.

Mar 4, 2011 at 5:54 AM Post #34 of 42
no earphones, turbine copper, maybe in a near future IE8 and I've got the Q Jays. OS is seven x64. Games ? I don't care, movies either.

I only bought this sound card to have something better than the poor quality realtek stuff to drive my earphones.

Oh I forgot, I also have a Sennheiser HD555

Mar 4, 2011 at 6:21 AM Post #35 of 42
change the op-amps in the I/Vs to OPA2107AP, those op-amps are natural and balance and have a wide soundstage. That will fix your brightness problem right there. They are the same op-amps I using in my I/Vs right now. The default JRCs in the I/V is what making your sound bright with your headphones.

Mar 4, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #38 of 42
OPA2107APs are dual channel op-amps You would need Two, to put in both IV's. Yes its in the DIY section the last time I looked. Also if you do go thru it, a bios chip remover will work, Just lift up. Then when installing them the notch on the op-amp should face the same direction of the notch on the socket.

They also dont come straight so you will have to straighten the pins out to slot it in the op-amp socket.

Mar 4, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #40 of 42
You can give either of these other two a try to see how you like them, The LME49720NA and OP2111KP, Both are Dip-8 as well.

Mar 25, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #42 of 42
I'm an Xonar fan, I'm in the process of replacing my Xonar DS with the Xonar DX.
But Fry's has a great price (after mail in rebate) this weekend on the Creative Labs Titanium HD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back