PCIe Sound card or USB AMP/DAC? Sound Blaster Audigy FX/Fiio Q1 MKII

Based on what i explained, what do you think its the best bang for the buck?

• $55 - Sound Blaster Audigy FX

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $89 - Fiio Q1 MKII

• $130 - Fiio Q1

• None of them

• Total voters
Nov 27, 2017 at 2:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Sarita Coshaa

New Head-Fier
Well precisely i mean 2 products.

Fiio Q1 MKII or Sound Blaster Audigy FX.

I dont want a very loud sound, i just want it to sound good as my integrated audos is utter crap. Barely any bass and mids are much louder than every other freq.

And no i dont care about magnetic distorsion at all so np.

The fiio is around $130 USD and the card about $50 USD.

Not even considering the Fiio K1, as if im buying an external one at least i would buy one with a damn battery.

Couple of questions:

-Is the Q1 MKII worth extra $70 over the card in terms of sound QUALITY (not loudness)?

Im aware its portable has its battery etc, but i only wanna focuss in sound quality. Wont be using too much a portable AMP/DAC for my phone since i live in a shithole and i rather just being stolen of my phone and not also an AMP that costed me more than the phone.

One thing i noticed is that the Q1 MKII is $40 extra than the 1st gen, and as far as i know (apart form the much nicer design and shape of the MKII) they sound pretty much around the same. So:

-Is the Q1 MKII worth $40 extra over the Q1 1st gen?

Minding that i wont be taking advantage of its battery life as i wont take it out of home most times so i just wanna know about sound quality.

Im asking about hose dacs because im aware thay they are more expensive, but now that im spending money on it i wanna make sure to buy something that im gonna get more benefits off.

Thank you so much for taking time to read and reply :dt880smile:

P.S. If its of any help, i have a pair of Koss Pro DJ 100

P.S.2. Prices i mention are based on what the product costs in my country. Can buy it outside but either it doesnt arrive, it arrives 2 months later or order a 1 week shipping that cost the same as buying it here.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #2 of 6
I can't answer your first question as I don't know anything at all about that card.
For the second question, no it's not worth it unless you plan on using it's balanced out.

Nov 27, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #3 of 6
Audigy FX vs Q1/Q1 MkII - has SBX Pro Studio for virtual surround. If you're gaming, that can be a reason to go with that even with shortcomings like high output impedance on the soundcard. If purely for listening the Q1 and Q1 MkII have lower output impedance.

Q1 vs Q1 MkII - MkII I think has more polished iOS and Android compatibility. Nicer case. Some improvement in the amp circuit, more power but not a crap ton more that you'd get significantly louder before distorting/clipping. If for music and you'll only use a full blown computer, save money and get the older version of the Q1.

Nov 27, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #5 of 6
If you're not going to use the battery why not get a Fulla 2 or similar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back