PCDP with Optical Out
Sep 18, 2002 at 12:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

20silkcut

Head-Fier
I wish to upgrade my office system (Sony D99/Altoids CHA47) and am considering a DAC/PCDP combination as my source. What I need is a list of PCDPs with optical out, either current or older models (quite happy to wait for one on EBay).

I'm only interested in upgrading the source at present so please no amplifier suggestions. Also I don't have the deskspace for a CDP (believe me I've tried)
mad.gif

Obviously I'm looking for the best sounding PCDP with optical out, so if anyone has actually compared some (i'm nothing if not optimistic) that'd be great.

Sep 24, 2002 at 1:02 PM Post #3 of 6
Silkcut...

I have been digging around for where/from whom to buy/get information on the Altoids amp, but not found it yet.

Where and how did you get yours? And I would guess, from your post, that you're happy with it...

A-dog
confused.gif

Sep 24, 2002 at 1:13 PM Post #4 of 6
Advance Dog,

JMT or Tangent build Altoid amps. I believe Tangent is backlogged and not taking any orders at this time but you could send JMT a PM with inquiries. I've been dealing with JMT and you won't find a better guy out there.

Phil

Sep 24, 2002 at 1:16 PM Post #5 of 6
20silkcut

If a CD/MP3 player interests you check out the new Panasonics over at Audio Cubes.

Link

Phil

Sep 24, 2002 at 5:14 PM Post #6 of 6
Dog,

As elnero mentioned JMT kindly helps out the electronically challenged and does a very good job in the process. The Altoids he built me sounds good, was excellent value for my money and the workmanship is excellent. You may have to wait in line for a bit but it is certainly worth it.

Elnero,

Which Panasonic are you referring to? I would be interested in CD/MP3, but are we compromising on CD sound quality for the convenience of a 2 in 1 unit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back