Pcd Player
Apr 14, 2002 at 5:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

LTUCCI1924

Headphoneus Supremus
HI:
Does anybody know about the sony portable cd player D-EJ21? It uses four AA batt. When I plug my philips 890s plus total aiehead into it the 890s sound ok but the bottom is a little muddie. Now when I record from it to my mini desc sony mdr-700 by optical cable and then play the mini disc with my 890s they sound not quite as loud but sound much better and the botton end is fine as the whole sound seems better. Is this because the mini disc is a better quality source? I know that there are better cd players out there. But I am only talking about the D-EJ21.

Apr 14, 2002 at 6:16 PM Post #2 of 4
yup, chances are the MDP has a better amp in it. but, I take it you don't use the Airhead with the MDP? then you've changed two variables, which makes it harder to make up a conclusion. I don't think it's the Airheads problem tho, but it might.

Apr 14, 2002 at 7:27 PM Post #3 of 4
Braver
Yes I must use the total airhead with both the cdp and with the mini disc. I think the cdp is 8 m/w and the mini disc is 5 m/w so there is no way that I could live with that. So I use the total airhead on both these. Soon I will be useing the suprime with my 580s on this stuff. The suprime should be back from headroom next week. I am haveing it upgraded and up the gain for the 580s. Its just weired how the cd dont sound so great but take that same cdplayer and record from it and the recording sounds way better on the mini disc.

Apr 14, 2002 at 8:26 PM Post #4 of 4
well, if you record digitally (with an optical cable), you by-pass the amp and the DAC (digital-to-audio convertor) in the CDP, so there's practically nothing that would affect the soundquality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back