PC speakers (2012) for my use?
May 31, 2012 at 8:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

shadowxeagel

New Head-Fier
Currently looking for good PC speakers for Music/Gaming use. I'd prefer the speakers to have a little more bass, loud, but still maintain smooth and beautiful mids/highs. 

May 31, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #4 of 13
Do you have a DAC already?  Would you mostly be listening from a position seated at the computer, or from further back in the room? 

May 31, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #5 of 13
I have these and they sound amazing, but too many issues with them (Had to send the Control pod back once, Firmware will not update from Windows 7 64 Bit... and so on, also no S/PIDF inputs....)

http://www.corsair.com/pc-computer-audio/pc-computer-speakers/gaming-audio-series-sp2500-high-power-2-1-pc-speaker-system.html

One of the users on the Corsair forum sold his SP2500's as there were strange problems with his an no support from Corsair.

He got these instead and they look incredible feature wise I have not heard them so I can't vouch for the sound...

http://www.edifier-international.com/products/edifier-multimedia/s730

May 31, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #6 of 13
I will recommend the Amplified power speakers because when you plugin your headphones in the speakers they sound much more dynamic and loud like Logitech 2.1 Z623 (little over $100) and if need 5.1 PC surround sound sytem then Z906 are great buy.

May 31, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #8 of 13
PERFECT!  You can still use the Mav as a headphone amp, and iirc, a volume control for active speakers.  Your entire setup, no matter what speakers you choose, will be a breeze to setup and control :) 

I'm a fan of the KRK Rokit 6, which comes in at 13'' high by 9'' wide - a tiny bit bigger than youd like, but the bass you will experience is out of this world for a set of stereo monitors.  They have really great, pinpoint imaging in particular, which I have found helps in gaming. 

May 31, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #10 of 13
It's all personal preference - I enjoy the KRK sound best.  If you can get to a shop, such as a Guitar Center, that has multiple sets of monitors connected, you can do side-by-side comparisons on your own

Jun 1, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #11 of 13
It's all personal preference - I enjoy the KRK sound best.  If you can get to a shop, such as a Guitar Center, that has multiple sets of monitors connected, you can do side-by-side comparisons on your own

I agree here (I don't like KRK best, but I agree with the testing things out). Personally I've always liked Mackie and Genelec monitors, but that may not fit into your budget. If NHT still makes their little desktop speakers they'd also be worth considering. Of all the PC multimedia sets out there, there's none in current production that I really like.

Jun 1, 2012 at 6:14 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:
Sorry, My budget would be $500, no more.  I think bookshelf speakers are the best? I am not sure. My room is roughly 14 ft by 13.5 ft. I'd like the speakers to be around 8 inches by 12 inches, if they were to sit on my desk. 

Thanks for you help

Go for a 2.0 setup of good quality.
Tannoy Revel 5A or 7A, Event (not sure which model). I own the former for several years and they perform very well.

Jun 1, 2012 at 8:19 AM Post #13 of 13
I'm afraid some PC speakers can go loud but there mostly tied to cheap and muddy sound which would ruin your music 
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back