PC/PS2 Steering Wheel Help!
May 2, 2005 at 3:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

gsferrari

Member of the Trade: Veda Audio Contributor
I have a nice Logitech MOMO FF steering wheel for the PC...I like it very much and use it for F1-2002 and other PC games.

Now I want to use it for Gran Turismo 3 and 4 - I tried plugging it in and stuff and it didnt work (which is why I sold GT4 because playing this game without a wheel is a shame).

I refuse to spend another $100.00 on a SECOND logitech wheel that is ONLY for PS2. This is TOTAL BULLSH*T in my opinion...what a rip-off! Buying one wheel makes people look at you funny...buying TWO just because one wheel cannot work with both the PS2 and PC!?!?
mad.gif

I mean...how different can they be on the inside. Both use USB interface...both are FF...both are paddle shift etc.

Is there ANY way to use the MOMO with the PS2? Any way I can flash the controller?

Because I am seriously pissed off with this nonsense...

May 2, 2005 at 4:37 AM Post #2 of 8
the driving force and driving force pro supposedly work on the PC

May 2, 2005 at 4:49 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by necropimp
the driving force and driving force pro supposedly work on the PC

Can you give me a link that proves this definitively? I would HATE to buy another wheel and tote two wheels wherever I go
frown.gif

Why cant they ALL adhere to a stoopid standard? Freakin UMD nonsense on PSP is driving me mad! Sony brings out new memory cards every weekend...each one worse and more pricier than the one before.

The world is mad and I am MAD to be buying into this crap.

May 2, 2005 at 6:00 AM Post #5 of 8
Yes, the Driving Force / Driving Force Pro do work with the PC. I have used it for games like NFSU and LFS. It also has working vibration and force feedback. Heck, even Windows XP recognizes it as a Driving Force steering wheel without downloading any drivers at all.

May 2, 2005 at 6:24 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
I refuse to spend another $100.00 on a SECOND logitech wheel that is ONLY for PS2.

You'd want the DFP anyway, and that's $150.
tongue.gif

I still think the original MOMO Force is the best (consumer-level) steering wheel controller available, but it does suck that Sony made it incompatible with GT4. If you want only one, then I'd say get the DFP.

~KS

May 6, 2005 at 4:15 AM Post #7 of 8
I just got the DFP. HOLY WOW!!!
eek.gif

The Momo has a very prominent dead zone in the middle position of the wheel. This DFP wheel is taut! very very small dead zone...almost imperceptible! Makes it easy to make small corrections.

And BOY! what a difference it makes in the game!!
eek.gif
I was using a crappy wheel until now (which was an improvement over the PS2 controller) but the DFP Pwns All!

May 6, 2005 at 9:39 AM Post #8 of 8
IMO, the greatest racing controller ever was the Namco NeGcon. OMG, that thing is SO AWESOME!!!(the JogCon is too, but not so much)Having that on PC would've been killer...

Late,
Abe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back