PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Nov 25, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #167 of 9,120
Quote:
Not sure if troll... Or troll.
We do try to avoid bias here. But those performance are for this game. Price to price cpu of amd and intel, yes. The intel will game better as a cpu. But tht graph was showing that AC3 had not only general perf problems but esprcially amd optomized ones.

Not trying to troll. AMD has superior pricing while intel has the performance but poor performance to price ratio.
Pick your poison so to say.

Nov 26, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #168 of 9,120
Heyyyyy is this laptop good? HP Pavilion g4-2111tx

Or can you guys recommend a budget laptop bout 700usd? Thankss

Nov 26, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #170 of 9,120
For some reason I decided to play Spore again. I have no idea why I like this game so much.

It would have been so much better if each era lasted longer than 20 minutes, though. There is something strangely additive about the space era, even though it's not all that fun. It's kind of like Minecraft in that regard...

Nov 27, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #171 of 9,120
Quote:
I would recommend you put the specs down. I said that to you in the other thread. Every model has different configurations

Operating System
win7_small.png
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Display 14" diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit Display (1366 x 768)
Processor
2generationi7.gif
Intel® Core™ i7-3612QM Processor
- 2.1GHz, 6MB L3 Cache
- Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz
Chipset Intel HM76 Express Chipset
System Memory 4GB 1600MHz DDR3
Hard Disk 1 TB SATA (5400 rpm)
Graphic Chipset
amd-radeon-graphics65.png
AMD Radeon™ HD 7670M 2 GB DDR3 dedicated
Optical Drive SuperMulti DVD Burner
Audio Altec Lansing - Dolby Advanced Audio
Wireless Intel 802.11b/g/n
Bluetooth
Network Interface Integrated 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)
Pointing Device Type  TouchPad with on/off button and support for multitouch gestures
Card Reader Multi-Format Digital Media Card Reader for Secure Digital cards & Multimedia cards
Web Camera HP Webcam with integrated digital microphone (VGA)
Battery 90W AC power adapter, 6-cell Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion)
I/O 2 SuperSpeed USB 3.0
1 USB 2.0
1 HDMI
1 VGA
1 RJ45
1 Headphone-out (Stereo)
1 Microphone-in
Dimension (W x D x H) 34.7 x 23.04 x 3.59 cm
Approx. Weight Starting at 2.2 kg

Nov 27, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #172 of 9,120
Just received most of the parts for my first custom computer today. I'm waiting on the A10, hard drive, and SSD. I have everything else (including a wireless adapter). Bowei, you need to lend your anti-static strap to me since I'm too lazy to always have to keep one of my hands on the case.

Nov 28, 2012 at 7:53 AM Post #173 of 9,120
Is the anti-static thing really such a big deal? I've never taken any precautions (certainly not buying a strap) and haven't had any problems. Installed a GPU and a HDD yesterday too.

Nov 30, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #175 of 9,120
THQ has a pretty awesome Humble Bundle available. It includes Metro 2033, Darksiders, Red Faction Armageddon, and some Company of Heroes games. If you pay more than the average, last time I checked it was about $6, you also get Saint's Row The Third. I definitely recommend paying at least the average, since Saint's Row The Third is a great, silly game.
biggrin.gif

Nov 30, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #177 of 9,120
Quote:
THQ has a pretty awesome Humble Bundle available. It includes Metro 2033, Darksiders, Red Faction Armageddon, and some Company of Heroes games. If you pay more than the average, last time I checked it was about $6, you also get Saint's Row The Third. I definitely recommend paying at least the average, since Saint's Row The Third is a great, silly game.
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I paid $10 for mine and gave it 70/30 to charity/humble bundle. Nothing for THQ. Already owned all of them except Saints row and Darksiders.

Nov 30, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #178 of 9,120
Quote:
Yeah, I paid $10 for mine and gave it 70/30 to charity/humble bundle. Nothing for THQ. Already owned all of them except Saints row and Darksiders.

That was about the ratio I gave, but I found out that THQ ain't doing so well, so I felt a little bad.

Still, it's more important for charitable organizations to get money than companies, so I didn't feel too bad.

Nov 30, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #179 of 9,120
Quote:
biggrin.gif

I got it yesterday already :)
Quote:
LOL.

SSD came in today. Got a 64GB M4 since it was basically the least expensive and still in stock during Black Friday (Plextor M5S 64GB was out of stock. Was $50).

Nice
Quote:

I didn't.

I did 100% THQ. Why? Charity for the Red Cross already gets enough and I am a gamer. If Humble Bundle got the $.80 to $1 that each user contributed, they would have made approx over $300,000 already. That is not the cost of putting a THQ game that THQ reached out to do on a website that sells indie bundles to benefit everyone. THQ isn't doing well so I gave it all to them

Nov 30, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #180 of 9,120
Quote:
I got it yesterday already :)
Nice
I didn't.

I did 100% THQ. Why? Charity for the Red Cross already gets enough and I am a gamer. If Humble Bundle got the $.80 to $1 that each user contributed, they would have made approx over $300,000 already. That is not the cost of putting a THQ game that THQ reached out to do on a website that sells indie bundles to benefit everyone. THQ isn't doing well so I gave it all to them

I paid full price for most of my THQ games. Didn't really want to pay for them a second time around. They'll be getting my money for COH2 in any case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back