PC DAC/AMP
Sep 5, 2020 at 1:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

BravdSC

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm looking for recommendation on PC DAC/AMP. Right now I'm using AHT-M40x Headphones and the original Fiio X3 DAP. I had some issues with X3 drivers recently and I want to get something new. I've been looking at iFi ZEN and Topping MX3 would these be considered an upgrade over X3? Which one should I get? Any other recommendations?

Sep 5, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #2 of 3
iFi Zen has a lot of great reviews and Fiio K5 Pro too. They both are damn amazing. I was recommended Fiio K5 Pro and love it.
You can't go wrong with either one of them.

Sep 5, 2020 at 9:48 PM Post #3 of 3
Hi, I'm looking for recommendation on PC DAC/AMP. Right now I'm using AHT-M40x Headphones and the original Fiio X3 DAP. I had some issues with X3 drivers recently and I want to get something new. I've been looking at iFi ZEN and Topping MX3 would these be considered an upgrade over X3? Which one should I get? Any other recommendations?

If you don't mind a DAC/AMP dongle that can be used with windows 10 (no driver installation needed), u can consider the sub $40 USD Tempotec Sonata HD Pro. It can drive my Audiotechnica M40X well, no issues, can be used with smartphones too. Almost sounds as great as my desktop setup Khadas Tone Board --> Fiio A3 Amp.

I wrote a small review here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tempotec-sonata-hd-pro.24181/reviews#item-review-23794

Very pleased with it, but if you want some dedicated DAC/AMP thing, then I hope the rest can advise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back