Paypal screw up anyone else's HF-2 order?
Jul 15, 2009 at 12:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

aristos_achaion

500+ Head-Fier
PayPal decided to "review" my payment for my HF-2 and limit my account...I was able to un-freeze the account, and thank God I emailed Todd in time for one of the last few HF-2s. Supposedly Todd refunded my PayPal payment, but that money's yet to show up in my account.

He'd mentioned this had happened more than once. Anyone else have this happen to their HF-2 order? Did you ever get the money back from PayPal's "holding funds"?

Jul 17, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #2 of 6
I've read about enough incidences not to leave money sitting with PayPal...........and it is common for refunds (via them) to take a few days to appear.
While I have not a problem such as you describe - they originally screwed up my registration/joining/link to my Bank a/c.. I hear that these days, Bank of America is not one whit better.

Jul 17, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #3 of 6
I've heard horror stories of people having their account frozen. I find it a little scary to leave too much money in there, you never know what they're going to do. I've never heard of them locking an account just for buying something, though.
ph34r.gif

Jul 17, 2009 at 10:07 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it is common for refunds (via them) to take a few days to appear.

That's good to know, at least. Yeah, once that money gets back into the PayPal account, it's going straight back into the bank account & staying there. Fortunately, they let me un-limit the account just by answering a few questions, which makes me wonder about their security a little bit, to be honest.

Jul 19, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #5 of 6
Got PayPal's refund today! Glad to have that behind me...now I can't wait for September and my late-in-the-run HF2s...

Jul 21, 2009 at 2:47 AM Post #6 of 6
I have had so many problems with paypal. I closed my account a long time ago. I got screwed over as both a buyer and a seller. Paid for a service and the service was not rendered. Never got my money back from that. Sold things on there and the money got locked up with frivolous disputes. One person tried scamming me saying someone used their account and it wasn't authorized, and another tried claiming some other crap. I hate paypal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back