Paypal question
Mar 17, 2008 at 6:16 PM Post #3 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, you must have a CC or bank acct associated with your PP account. How did you even get an account without a CC?

I'm asking for someone else, a buyer for one of my auctions on ebay. I remember signing up without having to use a cc or bank account right away.

Mar 17, 2008 at 6:48 PM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by troymadison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm asking for someone else, a buyer for one of my auctions on ebay. I remember signing up without having to use a cc or bank account right away.

If PayPal doesn't have some way to get your money, a CC or bank acct, how does the acct work? As far as your buyer goes I'd ask for a PO money order or bank check. Protect yourself, don't send anything till you've got the money in hand.

Mar 17, 2008 at 7:13 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you have enough money in PayPal funds, you don't need a CC or bank account to draw the funds from.

How do you deposit the money in your PP acct?

Mar 17, 2008 at 8:09 PM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by sinus1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
remember guys: PayPal is now a BANK, maybe you don't kneed another bank account to have a PP acc.

I didn't know PP was now a bank. That makes thing a little clearer. Is this buyers funds in a PP bank acct?

Mar 17, 2008 at 8:35 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

I didn't know PP was now a bank. That makes thing a little clearer. Is this buyers funds in a PP bank acct?

Don't know. I couldn't help but be suspicious since the buyer has zero feedback.

Mar 17, 2008 at 9:41 PM Post #10 of 15
it's possible to have funds in paypal without a cc or regular bank account. Think sell stuff on ebay pass funds into account already set-up....They did not used to need alot of info to set up an active account. Not sure about now.

I had a ebay question today, "would I ship to France, COD"...I think not

Mar 18, 2008 at 7:40 PM Post #12 of 15
Well it turns out that, the kid can't even use his paypal account to pay for the auction. This is the second time in a row on the same auction where the buyer can't even pay for the item properly. The first buyer actually couldn't buy it since he got banned for trying to scam sellers.

Mar 23, 2008 at 2:04 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Paypal is only a bank in some countries. In the U.S. paypal is still just a deposit broker (meaning they don't have to follow normal banking laws, and your money is not insured by the FDIC).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back