Pathos Inpol Ear Headphone Amplifier
May 9, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #106 of 693
Yes they are 1980s I believe. I think better extension in the highs, clarity in the mids (maybe more air) and pretty tight upper bass than the EHs. They may not have as much lower bass like the Siemens silver shield and probably other premium NOS tubes. Overall a very Clear sounding tube and great for Jazz from my listening experience.

May 9, 2021 at 10:42 PM Post #107 of 693
I got back from vacation and my InPol was there waiting for me. Have to admit I did think about it while I was gone! Sounds as good as it did when I left. Looking forward to more burn-in and thinking about getting adapters for the Siemens ECC88 Cca tubes I already own.

May 9, 2021 at 11:55 PM Post #108 of 693
Welcome back DC.
Where did you vacay?

May 10, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #109 of 693
Welcome back DC.
Where did you vacay?
Fort Myers, Florida. It was more of a "working vacation" to help my parents fix up their house for sale before they move to an assisted living facility. Lots of home repairs, throwing stuff out, and cleaning. I'm really glad to be home because it was exhausting.

May 11, 2021 at 1:57 AM Post #110 of 693
Fort Myers, Florida. It was more of a "working vacation" to help my parents fix up their house for sale before they move to an assisted living facility. Lots of home repairs, throwing stuff out, and cleaning. I'm really glad to be home because it was exhausting.
Nice.
Good son! 👍

Time for music and relaxation... 🍻🍻🍻

May 11, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #111 of 693
600 hours on the Aurender now.
575 hours on the Pathos.
525 hours on the Reflektors.
350 hours on the Nodost digital cable.

Based on past experience Reflektors are fully settled in by now. 👍

Improvents are still coming thoigh so I am waiting for my system to finish settling in. Not sure if it's Aurender, Pathos, Nordost cable or combination of the 3. Somewhat surprised by this but not really. My Nordost XLR's didn't fully settle until about 500 hours. I really think though I'm hearing improvements from all 3 but no way to tell for sure.

May 11, 2021 at 2:12 AM Post #112 of 693
The improvements I post about above are in the decay. Wow, subtle but just so wonderful. A nice jump in the last 24-36 hours. It really adds to the overall richness of the Pathos's presentation. Very nice...

Last edited:
May 12, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #113 of 693
I've been listening to the InPol since I got back in town. During this week's staycation, it's turned on and playing music all day. The sound has settled in nicely, very even-handed. What a relief that this turned out to be a good blind purchase! I'm waiting on tube adapters and a second iFi SupaNova power cable to make some minor upgrades.

May 13, 2021 at 4:47 PM Post #114 of 693
My local UK Hifiman Dealer (and official Pathos Dealer) has kindly loaned me a Pathos inPol Ear Headphone Amp until my new Hifiman EF1000 Amp is built and delivered to me hopefully safely with no damage (after receiving my EF1000 last week from Hifiman and finding the power unit was damaged and having to return it to my local UK Hifiman Dealer).

So this evening have been listening to my music with my Hifiman Susvara's via the Pathos Inpol Ear XLR balanced out connection, connected to my M Scaler & DAVE via balanced XLR out to the Pathos and it sounds very nice indeed.

Nice even neutral sound across the frequency spectrum, with nice clarity, separation nice deep bass and a great soundstage.

If I hadn't had bought the EF1000, I would have quite easily settled for the Inpol Ear to run my Susvara's.

I know I will miss the Inpol Ear when my EF1000 arrives (hopefully undamaged this time) and I return it back to my Dealer.

uUlK4DpjQca2tfThw1zsYA.jpgXBztcfbxTb6%0pZHlPDQ9w.jpg

May 13, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #115 of 693
My local UK Hifiman Dealer (and official Pathos Dealer) has kindly loaned me a Pathos inPol Ear Headphone Amp until my new Hifiman EF1000 Amp is built and delivered to me hopefully safely with no damage (after receiving my EF1000 last week from Hifiman and finding the power unit was damaged and having to return it to my local UK Hifiman Dealer).

So this evening have been listening to my music with my Hifiman Susvara's via the Pathos Inpol Ear XLR balanced out connection, connected to my M Scaler & DAVE via balanced XLR out to the Pathos and it sounds very nice indeed.

Nice even neutral sound across the frequency spectrum, with nice clarity, separation nice deep bass and a great soundstage.

If I hadn't had bought the EF1000, I would have quite easily settled for the Inpol Ear to run my Susvara's.

I know I will miss the Inpol Ear when my EF1000 arrives (hopefully undamaged this time) and I return it back to my Dealer.

Try it with the single ended out of the DAVE. It was much better that way for me.

May 13, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #116 of 693
Try it with the single ended out of the DAVE. It was much better that way for me.
Thank you for the tip carboncopy :thumbsup: I will try it tomorrow.

May 13, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #117 of 693

Good to here how the Inpol Ear performs with the Susvara's. I am looking to add one of these amps to my collection for some tube flavor.

May 13, 2021 at 8:21 PM Post #118 of 693

Thank you for the report!
A few have been wondering how the Pathos does with harder to drive headphones.

BTW, you are just getting a small taste of what the Pathos is capable of if those are the original EV 6922's.

Have fun! 🍻🍻🍻

May 13, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #120 of 693

Just ordered one of these, and it ships tomorrow. I have been eyeing it for some time now among others, but I have got to say your unreserved recommendation of this amp on the Susvara forum acted as a tipping point of sorts. Plus, you could also say that I finally got tired dreaming about the Flux Lab Volot and the Niimbus US5 pro without being able to do anything immediately about them,

I got the Matte Metallic Black version, but that's because upscale Audio had an open box version of the unit in black and i wanted to save some bucks so I jumped on it... For the record, it is also the only color of the unit I have seen in the online photos about which i do not have some reservation...

Regarding the tubes, I already have some great telefunken Nos with golden rods that I could use with them. They are fantastic on my Liquid Platinum, so I hope they sound as good here. I also have some Reflektor Holy Grails, and others, but I am ready to learn from others here about what tubes would work best with these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back