Parts query Grado Mod
Jul 12, 2022 at 4:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

paulybatz

Headphoneus Supremus
I have a pair of grado that’s sound great as is but I want to do the 3.5”
Plug to try different cables.

I was hoping someone might have high quality 3.5 plugs and a piece of silver solder I could buy to give it a go on my own

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2022 at 7:36 AM Post #2 of 5
Maybe just post the want to buy in classifieds. I've seen connectors and solder come up before.

Jul 17, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #4 of 5
I have a pair of grado that’s sound great as is but I want to do the 3.5”
Plug to try different cables.

I was hoping someone might have high quality 3.5 plugs and a piece of silver solder I could buy to give it a go on my own
I chose not to open my SR325 cups for fear of damaging the fragile drivers, and re-soldering a new socket.
The 3.5mm inline sockets and the matching plugs are a couple of bucks on Amazon, Ebay etc.

Besides, I had nice Meze balanced cables on hand. Not a dramatic improvement in sound quality, but losing the Grado cable sure reduced the weight and improved the comfort.

I tried larger ear pads but, I find the Grado flat pads are best, because Grado intended the drivers to be as close as possible to your ears.

Attachments

• Grado SR325 DSCF3255.JPG
    Grado SR325 DSCF3255.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • RU6-SR325is DSCF3273.jpg
    RU6-SR325is DSCF3273.jpg
    855.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 17, 2022 at 4:02 PM Post #5 of 5
I chose not to open my SR325 cups for fear of damaging the fragile drivers, and re-soldering a new socket.
The 3.5mm inline sockets and the matching plugs are a couple of bucks on Amazon, Ebay etc.

Besides, I had nice Meze balanced cables on hand. Not a dramatic improvement in sound quality, but losing the Grado cable sure reduced the weight and improved the comfort.

I tried larger ear pads but, I find the Grado flat pads are best, because Grado intended the drivers to be as close as possible to your ears.
Such a good idea BUT my thorough was the copper at the extension point is a little funnel that might impede some SQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back