Part ID Please
Aug 31, 2007 at 8:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

bperboy

Headphoneus Supremus
I've got the power pin out on my DAC301. Can someone give me a Mouser part number for what I need to make a cable connector for it? It's the white connector right in front of the headphone jack. It is approximately 5mm between the 1st and 3rd pins.

1279486922_df7f1a2839.jpg

Aug 31, 2007 at 8:54 PM Post #2 of 9
Looks like a Molex KK connector. you'll need the housing and the KK pins as well for the cable. Give it a shot at finding it in the Mouser catalogue, and if you haven't posted back with success by the morning I'll post the part numbers for you
wink.gif

Aug 31, 2007 at 9:03 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by luvdunhill /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like a Molex KK connector. you'll need the housing and the KK pins as well for the cable. Give it a shot at finding it in the Mouser catalogue, and if you haven't posted back with success by the morning I'll post the part numbers for you
wink.gif

Ugh, you're gonna make me work..
icon10.gif
Thanks for the headsup, I'll try and find it. Since there's 5mm between the 1/3 pin, I assume that the pin pitch is 2.5mm. Correct me if I'm wrong please
580smile.gif

Aug 31, 2007 at 9:18 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by bperboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ugh, you're gonna make me work..
icon10.gif
Thanks for the headsup, I'll try and find it. Since there's 5mm between the 1/3 pin, I assume that the pin pitch is 2.5mm. Correct me if I'm wrong please
580smile.gif

Probably 2.54mm or 0.1". This is the 'standard' pin pitch increment for TH parts.

That housing looks right to me, either that one or 538-10-11-2033 which will save you $0.02 and is RoHS compliant :p.

The crimp connectors are 538-08-50-0114.

I really dislike Mouser's online search. When I use them, I tend to search DigiKey and then copy/paste the manufacturer's part number. Worked here :p

Aug 31, 2007 at 9:39 PM Post #7 of 9
well, I'd start off with a AC-DC wall-wart and a simple barrel jack going to the board if I were you... or maybe an AC-AC adaptor going to a Tread from tangentsoft.net. That will avoid the square IEC inlet hole.

Sep 1, 2007 at 12:12 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by luvdunhill /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, I'd start off with a AC-DC wall-wart and a simple barrel jack going to the board if I were you... or maybe an AC-AC adaptor going to a Tread from tangentsoft.net. That will avoid the square IEC inlet hole.

My thought was to use a o22 from AMB. The psu requirement is +-12vdc, so I thought it'd be easier to have one board for that.

Sep 1, 2007 at 3:28 AM Post #9 of 9
I have yet to find an acceptable round IEC inlet. I have used Neutrik powercon connectors in the past although that means that you have to build a custom power cable. Really, the rectangular IEC's aren't that bad if you have a good set of files and use your drill wisely. There's also the nibbler option depending on how thick your panels are but I'm not a huge fan of them, I haven't used mine in well over a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back