Parasound Zamp
Aug 1, 2001 at 3:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

bootman

King o'Ping
Has anyone heard (or heard of) this amp?

PARZAMPa.jpg

Seems interesting for something like the K1000.

One question though.
Why would you put a headphone jack on an amp with no volume control?

Aug 1, 2001 at 6:05 AM Post #3 of 11
I looked at a pic of the rear panel and couldn't see a volume knob (it wasn't a very clear pic, but I don't think there's a volume knob back there).

I think that -- like the speaker outputs -- some sort of a preamp would dictate the volume of the headphone output.

Aug 1, 2001 at 6:27 AM Post #4 of 11
The official manual for the Zamp shows that there is actually volume level controls on the back.. they look kinda small.. almost like you'd use a flat-head screwdriver to adjust them. (scroll down to page 3 of the PDF manual for the Rear Panel view)

It also reads on page 5:

Level Controls
Each channel has a separate input level control. If your preamplifier has relatively high gain, it may be
necessary to reduce the input level control settings on the ZAMP. We located the level controls on its rear
panel, so you can set them once and leave them alone.
Headphone Jack
The built in headphone jack drives any headphones with an impedance of 8 W or higher. The ZAMP must
be triggered on with an audio signal or DC trigger before it will pass a signal to the headphone jack. The output
to the speakers is muted when you plug headphones into the Zamp.

Feb 15, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #7 of 11
Hi have used a zamp v3 for the past two years - the back of the amp does have a pot for each channel, but they are poorly located, tiny and you would have to adjust volume separately per channel - a practical impossibility. As jude suggested volume is controlled via pre-amp (I used a parasound Zpre).

Feb 15, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #8 of 11
I think that's one of the oldest thread necromancies I've ever seen.  10 years!

Feb 15, 2011 at 10:53 PM Post #9 of 11
Necromancy?

imperialguard.gif

Feb 16, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #10 of 11
Yeah, as in this thread was brought back from the dead after a decade...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back