Paranormal electronics phenomena anybody?
post-220153
Post #1 of 6

Joe Bloggs

Member of the Trade: HiBy / EFO technologies Co
His Porta Corda walked the Green Mile
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody has something very weird happen to their electric appliances / electronics that they can't explain.

For me it's my electric shaver. I think it has been modded by a superior alien intelligence to be a perpetual motion machine--I bought it more than one year ago and it's still on its first set of batteries
This is with my old shaver requiring a battery change every 2 months. To be sure this new shaver could have a more efficient motor, but the weird thing is that a few months ago the batteries were definitely dying--the motor was running slow and when I switch it off after one shave I couldn't turn it on again--but these days it's running strong again. Not so strong that I'd suspect that I'd forgotten to change the batteries, but definitely running better than before

To be sure, I don't shave all that often (2-3 times a week) but that self-recharge phenomenon is odd no matter how you look at it.

post-220197
Post #2 of 6

Kevin P

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
What kind of batteries are in your shaver? Good old carbon-zinc batteries, and NiCd rechargeables, can "regenerate" themselves a few times before they die completely. If it has an efficient motor, the regenerating effect can make the batteries last quite a while.

KJP

post-220247
Post #3 of 6

aerius

Banned
Reaction score
I can make a reciever I got at a pawn shop go all fuzzy when I look at it wrong, and I can make it pick up stations better by waving my hands at it. It doesn't work with the one in the family room, just the one I bought. Must be my bad vibes or something.

post-220272
Post #4 of 6

Ari

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hey Joe !!

My batteries still very good too...

Just kidding..

Best

Ari

post-220277
Post #5 of 6

Joe Bloggs

Member of the Trade: HiBy / EFO technologies Co
His Porta Corda walked the Green Mile
Reaction score
It's 'good old zinc-carbon'

Well, I know that zinc-carbon batts can come back after apparently dying from a flogging, but does that count as self-regeneration? I guess not, since I didn't shave especially long the time that it stopped, and the next time I powered it up again it was like, more powerful than the last time I turned it on

And Ari, I don't think I could look like that even if I wanted to.

post-220503
Post #6 of 6

wallijonn

Throwin' tantra.
Reaction score
my sister once told me that if she even so much as thought that the server was going to go down on a friday, that it usually did. she no longer looks at calendars or the clock on fridays.

and my mom had a friend that everytime she would sit any sawing machine the motor would run backwards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)